All times are UTC

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Harfoot wrote:
Stunning model, watch out for more news from Warhammer Fest this Saturday on Middle-earth, there is a Seminar at 3pm just on the future products with Tony Cottrell and the Midble-earth Team.

I'm going and will post as soon i see anything.

Thanks!

While I love the fact that forgeworld has taken the mantle for continuing the LOTR miniature range. I can't be the only one thinking that this pricing model is not sustainable, and really divides the already small community into those that can and can't afford 100 POUND miniatures in our hobby. Why don't they focus on a more affordable range of models that are available to a wider audience. Maybe they have better reasons that I can immediately think of but we don't need WETA workshop quality models and bases to play with and it really drives up the prices (I believe).
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think the Thorin's company sculpts are fine, I suspect like many of the AUJ releases the paint job isn't doing the sculpt justice.

Chariot is super cool, not a fan of stumpy but that's more of a design thing I think the sculpt is actually one of the best in the range. The windlord seems like a bit of a bonus release I would've been keen but the pose isn't too different from what is on offer already and I have five eagles as it is.

Can't wait to read the update Harfoot I'm thinking the next lot of releases may be finishing off Gundabad, stuff like armored Azog and his signal tower, catapult troll, goblin mercenaries. Personally I can't wait to see the lake town releases!

I would love to keep seeing these bonus releases like Thorin's company, Gwaihir, Alfrid etc I'm excited thinking about future ones hoping to see some banners for every army in the hobbit range, goblin town archers, Rivendell knights on foot and maybe some lotr releases :D

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Pest64 wrote:
Harfoot wrote:
Stunning model, watch out for more news from Warhammer Fest this Saturday on Middle-earth, there is a Seminar at 3pm just on the future products with Tony Cottrell and the Midble-earth Team.

I'm going and will post as soon i see anything.

Thanks!

While I love the fact that forgeworld has taken the mantle for continuing the LOTR miniature range. I can't be the only one thinking that this pricing model is not sustainable, and really divides the already small community into those that can and can't afford 100 POUND miniatures in our hobby. Why don't they focus on a more affordable range of models that are available to a wider audience. Maybe they have better reasons that I can immediately think of but we don't need WETA workshop quality models and bases to play with and it really drives up the prices (I believe).

The thing I don't understand is most of us would probably spend a lot more than we're spending now if the prices were lower. For example at the moment I can't justify buying the Iron Hills Chariot for 100 pounds but if they were 60 pounds each I would definitely buy 2.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@Harfoot: Wait. Warhammer Fest is next Saturday not this.....?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

weekend 27th to 28th yes

Support STF on patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/spillforeningenthefellowship
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Kurl Veranek wrote:
@Harfoot: Wait. Warhammer Fest is next Saturday not this.....?

Yes definitely 27th sorry, well excited about going to be honest, will post any news i hear at the seminar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18