All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

let me gess:
betrayer, he can kils his own models in exchange for something.
kou: on the umbar list and maby he had 2 attacks or something
dwimmerlaik: ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Betrayer: has a spell to turn a good model to the evil side.
Knight of Umbar: makes you take courage tests with an extra -1, stacking with the other for his Ancient Evil rule.
Dwimmerlaik: ..."I see dead people"... I don't know, maybe he will give a bonus to all spirit models in the Evil force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:53 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Dooshie wrote:
i have a terrible crepping feeling that GW will continue to mess with original Tolkien material until the very end
Quote:

It looks to be that way
But don't give up hope, I have a diplomatic solution
If you feel that Gw is going too far, you and your gaming friends who feel the same way can all write letters of complaint to Gw headquarters.
Anyone here on this forum please do the same
Surely they will not ignore so many people crying out as one voice
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:55 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Oops, i did the quote thing wrong

Jeez, that Elros guy, he's such a noob :oops:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I just realised that the name 'The Knight of Umbar' has been referenced at in the Return of the King journeybook - in the beginning where the progress of the battle at the Pelennor fields is shown, it says:

Quote:
The Knight of Umbar releases the Southron Armies upon Éomers Rohirrim

so I guess Gw has been entertaining the notion of Themed wraiths, perhaps they planned on adding this one in in the Harad book.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Joansean wrote:
I just realised that the name 'The Knight of Umbar' has been referenced at in the Return of the King journeybook - in the beginning where the progress of the battle at the Pelennor fields is shown, it says:

Quote:

so I guess Gw has been entertaining the notion of Themed wraiths, perhaps they planned on adding this one in in the Harad book.

That's interesting as it means that they lied in the WD magazine when mordor (sourcebook) was released (June 2008), they wrote that the 3 last wraiths were not going to be named and they had no intention of naming them as they wanted people to create their own names and profiles for them.

unless they were not intending on making the knight of Umbar a wraith, and just a captain of harad, which should have been released with the harad book as Sean said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Interesting find! And yes, I also thought they weren't making more named wraiths... Ah well. I'm content with my Dark Marshall and bargain wraiths.

And I want to play the guessing game, too! :P

Betrayer- Has a spell that causes the target to turn on their allies on a 2+. To balance it, they'll give him a "Broken Mind" rule like Denethor. He will explode upon dying, doing a Strength 3 hit to all models within 6" of him.

Knight of Umbar- Has three attacks, S5, doesn't lose Will for being in combat, and has 3 Might and 3 Fate. All Corsairs within 6" of him will gain +1 F value and Strength. To balance it, they will only give him 10 Will, and no Black Dart spell. He will also explode upon dying.

Dwimmerlaik- His harbinger of evil rule gives -2 courage to all good models, and he will be able to Fly. He can move through control zones and terrain, and can kill Rohan models by giving them a stern glare. For some reason, he will also have 3 Fate, which will be re-rollable. To balance this, they will make him wear a silly hat. He will not explode upon dying, but he will yell obscenities for three full minutes after the killing blow, causing all good models to immediately take a courage test as if they were broken.

That's not too far-fetched for GW, is it?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:52 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

:-D :-D :-D

Ok, my turn...

The Betrayer - If the Betrayer wins a fight, he will strike against all models involved, including any spears/pikes involved on the Evil side. Also, every turn, the player with priority gets to move the Betrayer, and can charge models on the same side. Which he must fight. The Betrayer always has a +1 to wound models on his own side. You'd think they would be wary of a wraith called the Betrayer, but oh no, they don't pay much attention to his moniker and stand about waiting to be filleted rather than lynching the dirty bast...

The Knight of Umbar - rides into battle on a barded corsair ship. With 4 ballista. He works a bit like a Mumak. Albeit, a Mumak that has heavy armour, DEF 10, M/W/F and spells. And big-ass crossbows. He can charge 20" a turn, providing there is a water feature on the table, otherwise he needs to be pushed by Corsair models. All Corsairs on the table automatically pass Courage tests as long as the Knight of Umbar is errr... Undead. The Knight of Umbar can use Will to create new Corsair models, that spring forth from the bowels of his armoured, flying Mu... ship. Any Corsair model that is killed automatically returns to the ship and can re-spawn next turn. Please note that the Knight of Umbar is not affiliated with the Necron race and has absolutely no idea what a Monolith is...

Dwimmerlaik - The Dwimmerlaik is the wraithiest of wraiths. As he is so transparent, he cannot be targeted by enemy shooting, including volley fire, unless there is a model within 1" of the back of him. Only then can he be targeted, as once he is an intervening model, the model behind him looks 'fuzzy' thus revealing the Dwimmerlaik's presence. Despite his name, the Dwimmerlaik has no special movement rules when it comes to water features, that is the province of the Knight of Umbar, sheeesh, you people you want it all don't you? In fact, as insubstantial as he is, the Dwimmerlaik cannot make any physical attacks, nor can he be attacked by any non-magical means. The Dwimmerlaik is also immune to magic...
In order to destroy the Dwimmerlaik, he must be beaten in a fight, when he is treated as unconscious. The Good player must then spend the next 5 turns moving at full pace carrying the recumbent if hazy form of the Dwimmerlaik. If he achieves an overall distance of 20" this is sufficient to destroy the Dwimmerlaik as he is considered to be exercised...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:52 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

:lol:

Glad you guys don't work for Games Workshop! Over-powered wraiths is the last thing us 'good' players need :-X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:00 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Personally I think that naming the wraiths has made them less weird/creepy/menacing in a fluff sense... But I suppose it brings a bit of diversity on the table...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Joansean wrote:

Quote:

That is interesting! I think it more likely though, that they planned on adding him in the RotK book, but they decided not to, forgetting remove him from the front. this is a typical GW mistake - take the points costs for BN catapult crew in Mordor, for example. It is possible that they weren't going to make him a wraith, but a captain, but this would be a pretty odd name for a human, so i think that either:

1) he was going to be in RotK but removed and forgotten about being in the front
2) sneaky foreshadowing
3) the author wanted to see how much Devlan Mud he could make up before somebody noticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dwimmerlake: Probably something stupid.

The betrayer: Either a converting spell or maby he actually is a betrayer.

Knight of umbar: Leadership abilities for corsairs, armoured horse, lance, decent fight and attack walues.

just guessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Elros of Numenor wrote:
I only like the Shadow lord, and even the the armour is overdoing it.
Anyway, why is games workshop allowed to make up rubbish about how they became wraiths and all that, when they don't have text evidence to support it? :x :x :x Especially that [word deleted] about THE TAINTED who was apparently evil from the start.....It's all a load of MALE BOVINE DROPPINGS
and needs to be gotten rid of. :-X :-X
And another thing, why does that Undying guy have a staff when in the movie they only have swords?
I better shut up, I'm getting so frustrated over such a small thing :oops:

maybe you are getting frustrated xD but i totally agree with you :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Eaothen-the-brave wrote:
Elros of Numenor wrote:
I only like the Shadow lord, and even the the armour is overdoing it.
Anyway, why is games workshop allowed to make up rubbish about how they became wraiths and all that, when they don't have text evidence to support it? :x :x :x Especially that [word deleted] about THE TAINTED who was apparently evil from the start.....It's all a load of MALE BOVINE DROPPINGS
and needs to be gotten rid of. :-X :-X
And another thing, why does that Undying guy have a staff when in the movie they only have swords?
I better shut up, I'm getting so frustrated over such a small thing :oops:

maybe you are getting frustrated xD but i totally agree with you :)
Maybe he's getting frustrated over the revival of a 5 month old thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I got this one, gaarew. Your deck must be running low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hmm what does the word "inane" mean? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mouth-of-Sauron wrote:

Useless. Irrelevant. Empty. Lacking significance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Mouth-of-Sauron wrote:

yeah, something that lacks sense.

example: This post is inane because tirno.alyanorno already explained the meaning of the word in the previous post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The Dwimmerlaik. THE Dwimmerlaik.

Of all the dwimmerlaiks, he is the dwimmerlaikest. The Witch-King is secretly jealous of his sheer, unadulterated dwimmerlaikness.

Mordor-ob bot-tuk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thx :D , English is not my primary languge soo, my voc. is also not in the best cathegory :rofl: thx guys... 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next