All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:26 pm

Post subject: Re: The Hobbit movie warhammer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

samoht wrote:
Well, apparently "The Hobbit" is soon to be made into a movie. (split into two movies or something) I'm not too sure about it all yet.

Without a doubt GW will make a "The Hobbit" warhammer game. Surely they will. It may just be an expansion off LOTR SBG.

Does anybody think GW will make it and if they do, will it be the same as LOTRSBG or just an expansion etc...?

Yeah GW got the license ages ago to the hobbit movie, think it was back in 2007.

The first movie ends with the death of smaug. I've heard the second movie will lead up to the start of the fellowship

They can do all sorts in the second movie, i'd like to see the white council going into Dol Guldur. I like the idea of Thrain inside Dol Guldur's dungeons, and giving the key and map to Gandalf. Later on this is the map/key that Gandalf gives to Thorin. It ties in very well.

They could also have Balin and fellow dwarfs returning to Moria. Gandalf and Aragorn hunting for Gollum. I hope they do flashbacks and show the Witch King attacking Fornost. 8)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

kalmacil wrote:
samoht wrote:
Well, apparently "The Hobbit" is soon to be made into a movie. (split into two movies or something) I'm not too sure about it all yet.

Without a doubt GW will make a "The Hobbit" warhammer game. Surely they will. It may just be an expansion off LOTR SBG.

Does anybody think GW will make it and if they do, will it be the same as LOTRSBG or just an expansion etc...?

Yeah GW got the license ages ago to the hobbit movie, think it was back in 2007.

The first movie ends with the death of smaug. I've heard the second movie will lead up to the start of the fellowship

They can do all sorts in the second movie, i'd like to see the white council going into Dol Guldur. I like the idea of Thrain inside Dol Guldur's dungeons, and giving the key and map to Gandalf. Later on this is the map/key that Gandalf gives to Thorin. It ties in very well.

They could also have Balin and fellow dwarfs returning to Moria. Gandalf and Aragorn hunting for Gollum. I hope they do flashbacks and show the Witch King attacking Fornost. 8)

I saw a interview a while ago, and in this interview peter jackson said the movie even isnt green-lit
so they dont have permission to film yet
(and therefore they have no casting at the moment, only rumors a lot of rumors)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeah i said "i'd like to see Dol guldur scenes...". I didn't say they will do it. They don't start filming until 2010. But i know GW got the license ages ago. Don't know how it works with a license if they haven't got a green light yet.

Filming starts in march 2010. The screenplay for the first hobbit movie was finished 2 weeks ago. They started building Hobbiton a month ago.

The movies will include something about the history of Erebor, Jackson and Del Toro told in an interview in the print issue of Empire magazine. Beorn and the spiders of Mirkwood will appear. 3D is still an option, but there are concerns about it if it would catch the feelings of the trilogy. Del Toro won't try to imitate Jackson's style.

“We decided it would be a mistake to try to cram everything into one movie,” adds Jackson. “The essential brief was to do The Hobbit, and it allows us to make The Hobbit in a little more style, if you like, of the [LOTR] trilogy.”

The White Council and the comings and goings of Gandalf to Dol Guldur will be interlaced. The idea of having a bridge movie about the time between Hobbit and Lord of the Rings as part two seems to be dead.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The only thing we can do is hope...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:11 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

kalmacil wrote:
samoht wrote:
Gandalf and Aragorn hunting for Gollum. 8)

Some LOTR fans have made a short film like this called "The Hunt for Gollum". Although it would be better made by a proper film company and cast ect.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

gambit025 wrote:
kalmacil wrote:
samoht wrote:
Gandalf and Aragorn hunting for Gollum. 8)

Some LOTR fans have made a short film like this called "The Hunt for Gollum". Although it would be better made by a proper film company and cast ect.

Yeah I've seen it.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I saw that movie some time ago.. and well, I was surprised.

I thought it would be some fan video with guys running around with dresses and swords made of wood...

But it was a great movie, very well done! Even the "special effects" were high over my expectations!