All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: List of Figures GW have discountinued
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Der schwarze Tod wrote:
The one with the Pelennor Minis was the "Heroes of the West-Box" witch is listed allready above. The Battlehost Boxes had, with one exception, no special Minis in it. To only exception was "Muster of Rohan" witch had an limited Rohan Captain in it.

Not completely true, the Gondor battlehost contained a then exclusive Aragorn King of the West pair of models, while the Mordor battlehost included the original and now discontinued Gothmog pair. Also the Isengard set included the Scout Uruk Captain with two handed axe.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi!

Witch Aragorn should be included? I never heard from? In the Pellenor-Box are several Minis witch are actually discontinued, but the where never limited!

The Uruk-Hai Battlehost should include the Captain with the two handed axe, but it doesn't. The where problems in production, so that Mini is an very rare thing. You have to pay up to 200€ if you ever find one.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Der schwarze Tod wrote:
Not completely true, the Gondor battlehost contained a then exclusive Aragorn King of the West pair of models, while the Mordor battlehost included the original and now discontinued Gothmog pair. Also the Isengard set included the Scout Uruk Captain with two handed axe.

Nope, the gondorains battle host included:
12 rangers
36 WoMT
6 Knights
1 Cap
1 Banner
6 GoFC
And nothing more, it's advertised in one of my white dwarfs
Same with the mordor one, the defenition of a battlehost, batallion etc. Is a lot of troop type sets without specific heroes, so you're able to add it to any army of that region. Bx: a mordor collector makes a cirith-ungol army with Shagrat as commander, he could buy the battle host so he has a good deal for his plastic orcs, warg riders and orc captain, everything fits in his list so... But when it included gothmog, he won't buy it! You see, a host is made so it fits in every amry, whatever the background is!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:21 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Raggbur wrote:
Nope, the cap disapeard with the SKODA plastic realise

it is available, look at

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1070107

I ordered it yesterday 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Oops, sorry! How did you find that, I mean, it wasn't in the list of 'Lord of the rings Forces' on the website ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It does not mean you are wrong. There are still some White Council sets on the U.S. site as well.
If you need them it is a good time to get them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Raggbur wrote:
Oops, sorry! How did you find that, I mean, it wasn't in the list of 'Lord of the rings Forces' on the website ?

It's a bit strange I goggled "swan knight captain games Worksop" and it finds the GW web page! So I ordered it, but who knows if I will get it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:12 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Harfoot wrote:
It's a bit strange I goggled "swan knight captain games Worksop" and it finds the GW web page! So I ordered it, but who knows if I will get it?

I've had a similar experience i googled Rangers of the North and ended up on the games workshop site but when i went to order them i was given an error message.

I'm sure i'm not wrong about Aragorn and Gothmog being included in a battle host, it's obviously not the sets that have been mentioned here but there were a few battlehosts (may have gone by a different name) around the time Return of the King was released and they made a big deal about Aragorn and Gothmog being exclusive to those sets at the time. Although i did just find a few battlehosts / warhosts through google that included characters such as Boromir, Faramir, Theoden and Sharku so the inclusion of a named hero isn't completely absurd.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:39 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
I'm sure i'm not wrong about Aragorn and Gothmog being included in a battle host,

You are not wrong. Figures out of production is not the same as promotional box sets out of production.Promotional sets have a short run. Some times you can get promotional figures in blisters later, sometimes not. Bilbo was a promotional figure during the first run of the Fellowship of the Ring box sets. You had to send in a coupon to claim him at least in the U.S. I know he was available later . I purchased another later retail. The Battles of Middle Earth Magazine was not available in My area at all. So the first time I heard about it was on this site. I think most of the promotional models were made available later. I have no way of knowing because I can not be sure I have seen a complete list. Many figures from the discontinued sets are still available. It is hard to get a up to date list.It is also hard to find out if available figures are over stock of out of production figures or not.
I think the best strategy is to budget your money and purchase the figures you want as they become available.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

And is the Balrog in plastic now ? Didn't know that.
EDIT: just seen it, yep it's right, the balrog is plastic and the kings are disapeard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:27 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Oldman Willow wrote:
You are not wrong. Figures out of production is not the same as promotional box sets out of production.Promotional sets have a short run. Some times you can get promotional figures in blisters later, sometimes not. Bilbo was a promotional figure during the first run of the Fellowship of the Ring box sets. You had to send in a coupon to claim him at least in the U.S. I know he was available later . I purchased another later retail. The Battles of Middle Earth Magazine was not available in My area at all. So the first time I heard about it was on this site. I think most of the promotional models were made available later. I have no way of knowing because I can not be sure I have seen a complete list. Many figures from the discontinued sets are still available. It is hard to get a up to date list.It is also hard to find out if available figures are over stock of out of production figures or not.
I think the best strategy is to budget your money and purchase the figures you want as they become available.

What i meant was for a while the only way to get both of those models was within their respective battlehosts, you are right though they did become available seperately later and Gothmog was eventually replaced with the current mod.

Buying figures at the moment i'm trying to purchase older models that i've put off buying because it's less likely they'll be around for too long. I ordered the Scouring of the Shire box and it arrived this morning in a plain white citdadel box with a barcode sticker with the sets name printer on it, so i took that as a sign that i made a good choose because the packaging probably points to it not being available for much longer.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Harfoot wrote:
Raggbur wrote:

Well guess what, GW do have the model any more, here is a copy of some ot the email i just recieved,

"We Regret to inform you that one of the items on this order, Dol Amroth Captain Foot and Mounted, is now an obsolete item which we will not be getting back into stock. As such we have removed this item from your order."

Well GW, how about removing it from your web site!!! Really makes me sad, a decent metal figure i have not got no longer available. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I saw either the captain or banner bearer blister in a Games Workshop not long before the plastic Swan Knights saw release so you've still got a chance of getting ahold of those models.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:58 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wow, I had no idea that WG had discontinued so many LotR sets! In many of these cases, though, it seems like even though the boxes themselves were discontinued the models are often still available to be purchased individually. For instance, even though "Heroes of the Helm's Deep" is no longer available as a set, several of the models from that set can still be bought from GW.

Does anyone know or have a list of which models are discontinued, not just which sets?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:31 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm really disapointed that the Lothlorien Elves (metal "wood elves") are on the list. I was starting to get those as additional models for my Wood Elf Sentinels so my formations don't look as static. Shame.

Boromir w/ the banner of Gondor?!?! That's a sad one. Awesome model but I just am not collecting Gondor yet (so no money to put to it)

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:19 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Harfoot wrote:
Harfoot wrote:
Raggbur wrote:

Well guess what, GW do have the model any more, here is a copy of some ot the email i just recieved,

"We Regret to inform you that one of the items on this order, Dol Amroth Captain Foot and Mounted, is now an obsolete item which we will not be getting back into stock. As such we have removed this item from your order."

Well GW, how about removing it from your web site!!! Really makes me sad, a decent metal figure i have not got no longer available. :sad:

Good news, went into a local indpendant model shop yesterday, got the metal SKODA Captain & Standard Bearer!!!! YES YES YES and they were cheaper than GW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:57 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
Good news, went into a local independent model shop yesterday, got the metal SKODA Captain & Standard Bearer!!!! YES YES YES and they were cheaper than GW

I am glad to hear you were able to find the figures. In my area Independent shops is the only option.All of the Games Works Shops retail stores closed. Their retail business model doesn't work here and they can't seem to understand they can't force it on us.
Quote:
Well GW, how about removing it from your web site!!!

They have a real problem with customer service too.They need to learn the difference between creating a demand and creating animosity as well :-X .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Sorry to read about your supply problem. I just looked at your photos, AMAZING. I get most of my GW figures on line because my local GW store 10 miles away never has the new releases and a limited number of the range. Take for example the upcoming Misty Mountain release, they will have the Cave Drake but not the Blister packs! this started a few years ago, day of release i went to the shop, no stock, ever since i just use the internet. The other benifit i dont get a spotty 16 year old ask me what i am collecting when he is baging the items up! obvious isnt it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:45 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Harfoot wrote:
The other benifit i dont get a spotty 16 year old ask me what i am collecting when he is baging the items up! obvious isnt it?

Hahaha :rofl:
It's like they have a pre-prepared script, every I used to go in to my local GW the muppet in there would ask me what army I'm working on, every time I would tell him I just collect the models that appeal to me, no specific army. I stopped counting after about 5 times, surely my face is not that unrecognisable! I also found that as soon as they know you don't have a specific army which they can try and jam every model down your throat they just ignore you, they lost many sales from me because once they found that out they would bugger off to the painting table and ignore me, I've since given up going in there and get my models from eBay or indie stores. Speaking of which, scored a shrink-wrapped Khazad Dum set (metal Balrog and Gandalf) for 40 buck AU the other day :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:36 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Quote:
metal Balrog and Gandalf) for 40 buck AU the other day

Good find :-D
I did not collect The Lord of the Rings figures in the 1980s when Gw had the license.When I got around to reading the books some time later I regretted it. The same with Mithril. When I realized I wanted them it was too late to track all of them down.When I learned GW had renewed the license I decided I would get them all as they came out.They have made it all but impossible to do that. It seems like they go out of their way not to sell you things. I have never seen any thing like it.The special figures that came with the Magazine they would not sell me to start. I managed to get most of the figures but several still allude me.You would think GW would value customers that had been collecting GW figures for 30 years.They don't. A friend of mine who made him self rich selling custom service classes, said "do something nice for some one they will always remember it. But if you treat some one badly they will tell a hundred people." GW failed customer service class.I hope some one new gets the LOTR license. I am tired of dealing with GW all together.
Quote:
Take for example the upcoming Misty Mountain release, they will have the Cave Drake but not the Blister packs! this started a few years ago, day of release i went to the shop, no stock, ever since i just use the internet.

My local independent retailer has one LOTR customer ,me. He E mailed me to find out what I wanted so he could order enough.It was worth his while. He knew it would be because he passed his customer service class.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next