All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 am

Post subject: Re: 2nd wave finecast?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:52 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
I still belive they would just release two versions of characters that are in the hobbit (such as dain and thraundil) and release them with different names (balin moria, balin erebor) because they already have Dain and Balin on finecast, so I would think it would be silly for them to discontinue it so fast.

Look how many versions of other characters there have been out at once. I think this is the most likely scenario. The new Dain mini, for example, could be "Dain, King of the Iron Hills" and could have a new profile OR the mini could simply use the profile we have now and just be "Dain Ironfoot."

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There's two profiles for shagrat and faramir, and three for aragorn. So it's possible to have two profiles for the same character.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
what happens when PJ releases the hobbit? Will GW have to re-sculpt some of their models, like Thranduril for example? What about the necromancer, i've heard that dol guldor is going to be in the film

The actors were able to approve their figure sculpts last time. I hope to see a new necromancer. If you want and do not have a current figure get it now.It is too early to guess what will happen. If GW makes a change it may be to late.
Figures from before and the first time GW had the LOTR license.

I have been collecting for more than a little while. The oldest LOR figure in my collection has a date of 1978 .It is much better to purchase models as close to the release dates as you can. You never know when a company will drop a line or limit production.
I know some of you play the game instead of collect figures. You should collect a unit at a time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Old Chestnut wrote:
Quote:
what happens when PJ releases the hobbit? Will GW have to re-sculpt some of their models, like Thranduril for example? What about the necromancer, i've heard that dol guldor is going to be in the film

The actors were able to approve their figure sculpts last time. I hope to see a new necromancer. If you want and do not have a current figure get it now.It is too early to guess what will happen. If GW makes a change it may be to late.

Figures from before and the first time GW had the LOTR license.

I have been collecting for more than a little while. The oldest LOR figure in my collection has a date of 1978 .It is much better to purchase models as close to the release dates as you can. You never know when a company will drop a line or limit production.
I know some of you play the game instead of collect figures. You should collect a unit at a time.

Have you got photos of the painted mini's? Never realised they had already gone down this road before :)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
have you got photos of the painted mini's? Never realised they had already gone down this road before

The three box sets in the photo were added to my collection years after they were OOP so they are not painted. I can open another thread with photos of some of the old figures I have been repainting.I need a much better camera than I have to do the collection justice.
Quote:
gone down this road before

Far to often :(