All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Post subject: Gondor at War
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:04 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

From Warhammer Community: "...we’ll be supporting the game going forward with a series of in-depth campaign books designed to explore the most iconic moments from the series.

The first of these will be Gondor at War, covering the events of the War of the Ring as it sweeps across Gondor, from the ambush at Ithilien and the fall of Osgiliath to the Battle of Pelennor Fields and the march on the Black Gate of Mordor itself. You’ll find tactical primers, loads of scenarios and rewards for theming your army to the forces that fought in this time of war – like King Théoden’s final epic charge."

Curious to see how much is just taken from the old source books: "The Battle of Pelennor Fields" and "Gondor in Flames". Hope they include some terrain/board building hints.

Post subject: Re: Gondor at War
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Oooh! Shiny!

I guess it's fair for Gondor to get herself in the spotlight next, especially since they were Rohan's allies. Hopefully the Walls of Minas Tirith will re-release at this time. I'm curious to see what villains they will cook up for Mordor.

This might surprise you, but I actually don't want terrain and scenery hints in the book. There's just so much great stuff out there on the internet for free that wasn't there when the original books were published. I like to get out and support fan sites and drool over their original works. If they kitbash the ruins of Osgiliath scenery kits, that's good enough for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm interested to see what will be released, aside from Gandalf and Pippin. Re-releases might include Denethor, original Mordor Uruks, generic Orc Captains, Forlong, Angbor and Halbarad.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I reckon you'll need this supplement to get the profiles for a lot of the new models they've shown recently, such as the upgraded mumak, Guritz and Gothmog's enforcer (the orc captain), the really tall Gondor hero that was trailed at Warhammer Fest, the Gondor captain of the outer wall defences etc.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:34 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sounds great, yet I hope they'll also re-release new updated versions of the Lord of the Rings journey books, covering the books/films in campaign themed play.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I can't say that I am enthused by the prospect of having to buy a $20 source book every year just to keep up with the profiles. Not to mention having to lug the things around with me like I did during the legion days. Still, I suppose it can't be helped. It will still be better than having to buy every White Dwarf in hopes that a new profile will be in one of them.