All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

Post subject: Re: Armoured Mirkwood Spearmen
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:35 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yeah definitely. They should be quite a bit more durable, still dangerously squishy though.

I guess my problem is I would never buy all of my troops the elven blade I'd rather just pay one point and get the spear and since you have to pay the extra point for the armor anyways you numbers get crunched pretty hard. I was pretty excited about them when I thought the old spears were 2 points too and the elven blade was just a bonus but now I am pretty skeptical, especially at 25$ for 3, 100$ for a warband. I dunno if I'll gonna get them or not. They look awesome but if they aren't very effective i kind of want to just get more old wood elves and keeping working on that army instead :/

P
 Post subject: Re: Armoured Mirkwood Spearmen
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

of the 3 variations the 9pts one with just shield would be best choice to give your mirkwood some resistance (just slightly like countering S4 troops) I wouldnt even bothering getting him to 10pts to get the blade, as those to win combat are in majority the characters the core just provide resistance and hold the line or punching power(which if you get them with axe = problem solved :P

About the spear guys.. well they do function like high elves swordsmen with heavy armour but a bit lighter, they work fine with those blades and as an extra in case to hold something in melee with 2 dices defending or last ressource supporting your character and avoid dying.

if was my case I wouldnt get more than 6, 9 max if I wanna run 2 warbands of those.

as for the remain variations they die to S4 as easy as D3 wood elves :/
so if its to die to S4 people still prefer wood elves as they save alot points in numbers...

I got quite sad of the mirkwood captain though, very expensive and very squishy...