All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Releases
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Honestly saying...I am rather dissapointed by these releases...

Elrond is ... (censored) . No more comments needed ;-)
Lady Galadriel ...well...need more time to decide if she looks OK or NOK. For the first look just so so...Definitely, it is not a love from the first sight :-)
Only and the only one which looks really good is Saruman. Very "energetic" pose. This one I want ! However, it will be hard to get him as I am not willing to spend ca. 40 Euro to buy WC set just for him...

Finally Radagast on Eagle...this one looks just ... funny.
Eagle looks very similar to already released which I have, so nothing "fresh", nothing so special.
It could be at least a straight forward looking instead down.
And wizzard looks like he is gonna fall ... Need to wait for different angle pics and better quality to decide if I want it for my collection or not.

Still waiting for Wraiths....I hope they will release those guys as well.

My WIPs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:48 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Badner wrote:
Radagast isn't much more than the one from the sleigh, putted on an eagle.

That was also my first thought :-D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:58 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

loving Radagast on eagle, Galadriel and Saruman. Not so much liking the Elrond staggering back from the pub at 2am pose :/
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:59 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Not a huge fan of those. Galadriel seems to have stumbled into a WFB dressing room, Saruman looks a bit too comic-book to me (might just be the paintjob), and Elrond is in a rather odd pose.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:00 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

If Saruman were on his own, I'd definitely buy him, even though I already have one of him. I think I'll just get the old "war" Galadriel, she looks about the same, if not better. The other Elronds look better and I'm not a big fan of Radagast on Eagle anyhow, so I don't like it that much. But that Saruman, dang he looks awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

If the galadriel was done properly transitioning it would look epic, but it looks like she waded through a swewr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:10 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think that we will see some new releases, because there is still no model with spell for losing one F point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

There also isn't a single model that uses the Xbane special rule. While Orcrist has the same exact effect (plus terror) it doesn't have the rule itself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:38 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Is it just me or does that Eagle look like a plastic one? Is this a conversion kit? I'm pretty sure that is a mouldline on the Eagle's left wing too!

I quite like the Council as well, Elrond is especially cool! Galadriel is my least favourite, but I reckon these will shine once seen in person.

Nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Can someone pm me a link please?
I missed them before they were removed :(
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:00 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yes sorry guys I've removed the pics. Games Workshop are always watching so please no leaked pics on the boards .

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Actually I rather like this much maligned Elrond, though he's unaccountably become left handed. Saruman reminds me of a big fluffy cat, though not in a bad way. Can't say I care for this Galadriel much. In the movie, Galadriel seemed to be cosplaying out of a Japanese horror flick. Her mini looks more like a bargain bin halloween costume. I think if you apply some greenstuff to the hem of her dress she'll look less schlocky. I'm tempted to buy the set for Elrond nine-sixteenths-elven and just trade away The 'man with the plan and Hot Topic Galadriel. Actually the more I look at them the more I think they might all be keepers, if I put a little work into Galadriel.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Love the new Elrond and Saruman, the other two are not really my cup of tea! Anyone willing to split the set? I only want Elrond :D
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I quite like the new Elrond actually... I also think Saruman is not bad either, however the Galadriel is a disappointment for me although I will probably end up getting the set and keeping all of them anyway...

The Radagast on eagle is also rather disappointing that is almost definitely one of the plastic eagles has it been confirmed whether or not the Radagast set is plastic or finecast?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Always nice to see new releases. On the whole, they're quite nice. I'll hopefully pick up the White Council Set, if just for the Elrond mini, which I think looks stunning! It's one I'd been hoping they produce because I didn't like the pose of the previous one. I also really quite like the Saruman model. It's a cool action pose that would also look well on display. As for Galadriel, I think the paint-job lets the mini down a huge amount. I mean, they've given her brown hair!!! And they haven't even gone for a full, "dark Galadriel" look - it's kinda half and half, which just doesn't work here IMO. I think, as has already been said above, that a bit of greenstuff would be needed to lengthen her skirt, although I'd be tempted to just trade it away if unhappy with it once I'd had a proper look at it out of the box...

Radagast on Eagle is fun but I won't get it - just don't want it and can't see myself wanting to paint it at any stage in the future...

Anyway, I love that Elrond and the Saruman's good enough to make me justify getting the whole White Council box set so I'll hopefully pick it up soon... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like Elrond the best. But overall not very impressed on these, i think there are better miniatures all ready out there for these characters. But it is nice to see that there are still some new stuff coming out! Now ( i think? ) we have minis to everything in BOFA supplement so we shall see if we get any more releases.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like them all, gonna buy both sets.
Saruman looks bad**s and so do the others.
I really don't understand people when they for so long cry out for new releases and when they see them, just ditch them. Anyway, my thoughts only. I'm sure we'll get everything else (at least the basics) from the last movie, so everyone will get after all some things for their collections.

PM for commission work
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:10 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

paliouras wrote:
I like them all, gonna buy both sets.
Saruman looks bad**s and so do the others.
I really don't understand people when they for so long cry out for new releases and when they see them, just ditch them. Anyway, my thoughts only. I'm sure we'll get everything else (at least the basics) from the last movie, so everyone will get after all some things for their collections.

I think the problem in this case is that all these characters, bar Radagast on an Eagle, have seen sculpts several times over. And even though not all, in fact most, are unavailable now, a lot of people have them, so they see these new sculpts as unneeded, and therefor that causes their uninterest. That's at least my two cents.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:29 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well of all releases

Saruman just needed a bit more nose working other than that looks rather cool, even from isengard army to finally having a dynamic pose Saruman can look interesting..
Galadriel got the wrong painting scheme though.. not that bad
Elrond, the best dynamic pose of the 3 still the face or its the painting or its odd, his head seems 2 close to his shoulder almost like chimp like.... of the 3 I think its looks odd. I still prefer the previous hobbit one over this 1.

Radagast on eagle:
Looks interesting, expected a radagast pose just like that I guess.... the eagle could had been a bit diferent posed than the rest though, just a plastic sculpt adjusted to a resin model... *shrug*
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:24 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yeah, I'm sorry but those releases won't be seeing my money. I've got both the Fellowship Saruman and the LoTR White Council version, and while this one is nice it's not cool enough to justify the purchase.

Likewise, I have Fellowship Elrond and if I used Elves often enough, I'd be more inclined to get the Unexpected Journey foot and mounted version.

I don't currently own a Galadriel, but I do like this one the least of the four that have been released.

Radagast is obviously something more unique, but the sculpt is a little disappointing. I was never inspired by the LoTR version, I despised the Goblin Town plastic but I do love the finecast version. This one is kind of meh.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next