All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am

Post subject: Warhammer Total War and Models Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:18 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have heard a lot lately about the Total War franchise making a Warhammer game. They are pretty popular, so it could potentially bring in lots of money. In a desperate sort of thought, I was hoping that the income would ripple across and affect LotR and The Hobbit. It's highly unlikely I know, but how could a game like Total War affect the whole of GW?

Also, with the hobby losing support from GW, how easy will it be to obtain models? I wish I started a lot earlier, but I don't think I can get everything I want anytime soon, and for some reason I don't want to use proxies; they just don't feel right.

But will I be able to get the models I want?

Post subject: Re: Warhammer Total War and Models Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Unfortunatly, I would not expect that Total War: Warhammer would have any positive effect on our game. Actuall, given that GW is in the process of totally revamping their fantasy setting I'm not sure how much benefit Warhammer Fantasy is going to get from the computer game tie in.

From what I've heard, GW's licence for the Jackson/Weta/New Line stuff runs through the end of next year. I would expect them to keep something in production until then, although they have already stated to let some miniatures go OOP. If there is a particular faction you want to collect that is still available from GW, I would probably try and pick that up sooner rather than later.

You seem to be able to get anything from the LOTR stuff fairly easily on eBay, although you will pay a premium for some of the more rare figures. The newer Hobbit stuff shows up on eBay too, but its not as common since there seems to be so much less of it available in the second and third party market. I guess if you can probably figure on finding anything you want for the next couple years, if you are willing to pay for it. As time passes and once GW drops the game altogether "offical" figures will get harder and harder to find. :(

“The Ring has awoken, it’s heard its masters call.”
– Gandalf
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:52 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

you know there is a total war lotr right? its fan made but there is and its quite a vast world and full of factions....

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Galanur wrote:
you know there is a total war lotr right? its fan made but there is and its quite a vast world and full of factions....

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war

Yeah, I was just wondering if a Warhammer one would impact GW.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

mdauben wrote:
Unfortunatly, I would not expect that Total War: Warhammer would have any positive effect on our game. Actuall, given that GW is in the process of totally revamping their fantasy setting I'm not sure how much benefit Warhammer Fantasy is going to get from the computer game tie in.

From what I've heard, GW's licence for the Jackson/Weta/New Line stuff runs through the end of next year. I would expect them to keep something in production until then, although they have already stated to let some miniatures go OOP. If there is a particular faction you want to collect that is still available from GW, I would probably try and pick that up sooner rather than later.

You seem to be able to get anything from the LOTR stuff fairly easily on eBay, although you will pay a premium for some of the more rare figures. The newer Hobbit stuff shows up on eBay too, but its not as common since there seems to be so much less of it available in the second and third party market. I guess if you can probably figure on finding anything you want for the next couple years, if you are willing to pay for it. As time passes and once GW drops the game altogether "offical" figures will get harder and harder to find. :(

That will really suck, but I better get shopping before they all go.