All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

Post subject: Re: OOP models you would like to see again
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:24 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Farmer Maggot wrote:
I think the main aim with returning models is to bring back the models you need to play the game.

Yeah I totally agree to that I personally don't care if they are metal plastic or even finecast as long as they come back at decent prices so that we can buy and build the armies we want.

Personally I'd prefer having every miniature in a non metal material be it plastic, resin or whatever. I think everybody who has seen his metal Halbarad falling of accidentally and snapping from the banner up know's what I'm talking about.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:08 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I would really like to see a focus on re releasing most of the generic type captains and heroes that currently are highly priced on ebay. I considered doing a grey company army of the dead vs corsairs but looking at the crossbow shield guys and the captain and fleet master, it would cost way too much that is if I could even find them all in the quantity I would need. I mean in order to do a proper sized force I would probably need 60 pirates at least with maybe some harad guys thrown in there.

There is a few heroes I think that really need to come back for making specific themed lists.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cheap, bulk packs of Hobbits, Ruffians, and Numenor Archers.... a guy can dream, right?

(CE) Battle Companies 2016 Edition
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:00 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Commissariat wrote:
Cheap, bulk packs of Hobbits, Ruffians, and Numenor Archers.... a guy can dream, right?

I use figures from my collection of old GW role play figures for Ruffians because there are so few actual/official figures.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Am I alone in wishing that the old Grey Company blisters would come back? I mean the ones with mail and hoods, not the helmeted Rangers of The North. The Grey company and Dunedain miniatures suited my childhood vision of the Tolkienesque aesthetic much better than Rangers of the North or Rangers of Middle Earth packs. Pity they go for such an insane mark up on ebay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:45 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hmm I would not mind having a few of the "new" rangers of the north to paint up in correct colors just to see how they look, because the old rangers of the north are in fact the current ones for sale which gary morley actually sculpted ( one of his better offerings in fact ), which are the closest to the books as they wore mail, helmets, had spears...sadly missing shields, I think we really need some mounted grey company done up proper though.

The "wotr" grey company are odd for the color schemes as Tolkien makes it clear they wore green sorta overcoat/tunics and had grey cloaks along with the above armor/weapons. Also the faces on those guys are all part of the mr potato head sculpts of wotr era releases, I think...think they may have actually been perry twin sculpts, someone on warseer had some list of all the sculpts and trying to think back of who did the majority of them, there was a bit of a wave release for a whole bunch of those releases and they felt/looked rushed vs the initial releases till about late 2006 which were the real height of LOTR sculpting.

I don't think they are bad models but they are not really an accurate depiction of the grey company described by tolkien himself.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Is there any word on the old Thranduil model?