All times are UTC


It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:17 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 am
Posts: 1366
Images: 14
Sweet!
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Germany
tbh the price of the chariot doesn't bother me that much. If you do the math, you basically get 6 goats, 5 dwarves and the chariot itself. For 90 Pounds (2x45) you get 6 goats and 6 dwarves, so paying 10 extra Pounds to trade one dwarf for a chariot seems reasonable. The reason for the chariot being priced higher than other monsters, is probably that this Chariot consists of many small parts, which have to be sculpted from all directions or smth (not quite sure how this all works) rather than a few big parts.

So, I wouldn't expect new monsters to cost as much as the chariot.

Anyways, what are the odds of them releasing smth non-BoFA-linked (except Mirkwood) before Spring 2018?
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:58 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Wrexham, North Wales
Images: 1
CKoo wrote:
tbh the price of the chariot doesn't bother me that much. If you do the math, you basically get 6 goats, 5 dwarves and the chariot itself. For 90 Pounds (2x45) you get 6 goats and 6 dwarves, so paying 10 extra Pounds to trade one dwarf for a chariot seems reasonable. The reason for the chariot being priced higher than other monsters, is probably that this Chariot consists of many small parts, which have to be sculpted from all directions or smth (not quite sure how this all works) rather than a few big parts.

So, I wouldn't expect new monsters to cost as much as the chariot.

Anyways, what are the odds of them releasing smth non-BoFA-linked (except Mirkwood) before Spring 2018?


Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way I suppose. I think it was the initial shock of the 3 figure price tag :oops: tbh I think most of the new releases this year (based on the rumours) are the remainder of TABA. I'd love to see some new/revised LOTR stuff sooner but who knows? :)
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
what's "smth"?
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:09 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 am
Posts: 26
I'm loving the iron hills so far, but can't say I'm thrilled with the new thorins company. As it was an older set that they don't seem to have planned on originally releasing, I'm just glad it's out. The crossbowmen are exactly what I wanted on the other hand as their crossbow are just like they are in the Weta book. The crossbars form the "tusks" which angle down instead of across. Weird design, but that's weta and Peter Jackson.

On a side note, I'd like to say I'm a bit tired of opening this thread to essays on price complaints again and again instead of opinions on the models themselves or even ideas for proxies. Can that go elsewhere?

_________________
"Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!"
Theoden, The Ride of the Rohirrim
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:30 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:59 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Calgary, Canada
Speaking of ideas for proxies, what models do you use for your spiders, Harfoot? I found some cool spiders from Otherworld Designs, but they're also quite pricey. I also really like the wagon from Otherworld. Maybe something to be used in a Rohan scenario?

_________________
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock." -Will Rogers
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 2137
Location: South West England, UK
GreatKhanArtist wrote:
Speaking of ideas for proxies, what models do you use for your spiders, Harfoot? I found some cool spiders from Otherworld Designs, but they're also quite pricey. I also really like the wagon from Otherworld. Maybe something to be used in a Rohan scenario?


I use the old GW metal spiders, even though they have a smaller base, and a guy i game with uses the ebob ones -

http://www.ebobminiatures.com/products/fantasy.htm

Warning on ordering from ebob, some people have had long wait times, personally i've never had a problem but haven't ordered in a few years and always found them great to deal with

_________________
Harfoots-The first of the Hobbit people to cross over the Misty Mountains and enter Eriador.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:35 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 am
Posts: 1366
Images: 14
I never received my ebob order. Ever. $45 down the drain. I'd buy these wizkids paint it yourself dnd mini. I have one so far. It cost $4 and scaled very well with lotr

https://wizkids.com/dnd-unpainted-list/
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:59 pm
Posts: 446
Location: Calgary, Canada
Cool. Thanks. That phase spider might make a great queen too.

_________________
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock." -Will Rogers
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:29 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:10 pm
Posts: 19
jdizzy001 wrote:
I never received my ebob order. Ever. $45 down the drain.

I ordered something from a small company (won't say who it was, it wasn't related to minis). They didn't send it, so I started emailing them. The guy kept telling me he had just sent it out. He kept answering the emails so I kept sending them. And then he would say, "Oh I thought I had sent that out. I'll send it out first thing tomorrow". This went on for six months, and amazingly enough, one day I actually received it.

I didn't expect he would ever actually send it, I just thought I'd see how long the emailing would go on. I figured he was just trolling me.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:53 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20 am
Posts: 1366
Images: 14
I'm glad to hear your experience was better than mine.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:56 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:20 am
Posts: 33
SonofThengel wrote:
On a side note, I'd like to say I'm a bit tired of opening this thread to essays on price complaints again and again instead of opinions on the models themselves or even ideas for proxies. Can that go elsewhere?

:-D found the person who can afford forgeworld prices. Doubt your opinion will keep when the hobby collapse in on itself becusse the majority of its players can't afford much if anything.

_________________
My avatar drawn by the LomL and coloured by myself.
----------
Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:55 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 pm
Posts: 3136
Location: In Angband, at Morgoth's feet.
RainTheZangoose wrote:
SonofThengel wrote:
On a side note, I'd like to say I'm a bit tired of opening this thread to essays on price complaints again and again instead of opinions on the models themselves or even ideas for proxies. Can that go elsewhere?

:-D found the person who can afford forgeworld prices. Doubt your opinion will keep when the hobby collapse in on itself becusse the majority of its players can't afford much if anything.

So did you create a profile specifically to complain about prices.?

_________________
:saruman "Leave Sauron to me."
If you're in the Raleigh, NC area, let me know.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 am
Posts: 26
RainTheZangoose wrote:
SonofThengel wrote:
On a side note, I'd like to say I'm a bit tired of opening this thread to essays on price complaints again and again instead of opinions on the models themselves or even ideas for proxies. Can that go elsewhere?

:-D found the person who can afford forgeworld prices. Doubt your opinion will keep when the hobby collapse in on itself becusse the majority of its players can't afford much if anything.


Since I kept the faith through our last "death of the hobby", I reckon I'll do just fine. As I'm surrounded at home by people who either enjoy the models or look for alternatives (full proxy Rohan army since he couldn't afford metals), I suppose we'll keep going through the next impending "hobby collapse." Luckily, you're somewhere else.

PS, here's the forum guidelines so you can start posting productively. Check out #6.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=481

_________________
"Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!"
Theoden, The Ride of the Rohirrim
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:18 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 117
http://natfka.blogspot.fi/2017/06/the-h ... anged.html

"via solid sources here on Faeit 212
The Middle Earth SBG, which will replace The Hobbit SBG, will be released in Q4 2017. The Game will feature more similarities with the actual AoS & 40k Games."

_________________
Check out my wip thread!
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29907
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:19 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
Eric wrote:
http://natfka.blogspot.fi/2017/06/the-hobbit-is-about-to-see-big-changed.html

"via solid sources here on Faeit 212
The Middle Earth SBG, which will replace The Hobbit SBG, will be released in Q4 2017. The Game will feature more similarities with the actual AoS & 40k Games."


I feel like their source is getting the Battle Companies release mixed up with the Middle-Earth SBG release. I mean, I'd be glad if everything came out this year, but the slides at Warhammer Fest said Battle Companies late 2017 and Middle-Earth Spring/Summer 2018.

Although it does seem odd if GW is going to make changes to profiles and armies for Middle-Earth SBG to make those changes after releasing an expansion/supplement like Battle Companies.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:19 pm
Posts: 116
Location: Wiltshire, England.
Images: 1
metalface13 wrote:
Eric wrote:
http://natfka.blogspot.fi/2017/06/the-hobbit-is-about-to-see-big-changed.html

"via solid sources here on Faeit 212
The Middle Earth SBG, which will replace The Hobbit SBG, will be released in Q4 2017. The Game will feature more similarities with the actual AoS & 40k Games."


I feel like their source is getting the Battle Companies release mixed up with the Middle-Earth SBG release. I mean, I'd be glad if everything came out this year, but the slides at Warhammer Fest said Battle Companies late 2017 and Middle-Earth Spring/Summer 2018.

Although it does seem odd if GW is going to make changes to profiles and armies for Middle-Earth SBG to make those changes after releasing an expansion/supplement like Battle Companies.




I read this earlier too, sounds like a cock up. :x

_________________
www.greatwulfwargaming.wordpress.com
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:14 am
Posts: 1037
For those who are unaware of that website, it likes to collect (or possibly just make up) anything even remotely resembling rumours to draw more viewers, as more clicks equals more income from ads. This particular one - as many are - is complete and utter nonsense.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:49 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 49
Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
For those who are unaware of that website, it likes to collect (or possibly just make up) anything even remotely resembling rumours to draw more viewers, as more clicks equals more income from ads. This particular one - as many are - is complete and utter nonsense.


Yeah, on Facebook Adam Troke said this rumor was completely false.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:47 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:42 pm
Posts: 3136
Location: In Angband, at Morgoth's feet.
Unless the source is "Lady Atia" it's probably not true. She has yet to be wrong though, to the best of my knowledge.

_________________
:saruman "Leave Sauron to me."
If you're in the Raleigh, NC area, let me know.
Top
  Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: