All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forge World open day news
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:35 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The combined book covering middle earth gaming as a whole I find very interesting................but those model prices are quite hefty and enough to give me pause there.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:10 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Wow screwed by Games Workshop again.

American consumers really are in general.

I honestly have been advocating for these models and the prices because the infantry at least had a drop in price. I couldnt wait to pre order. Been budgeting in money to buy them. 50 bucks for dain. not bad...not the best but ok.

50 bucks for a warband....pretty good actually. Its fair even though its still just basic troops.

But now....these models arent sold in the U.S.

The shipping is $15. Seriously forgeworld? I get packages from England on ebay for 6-8 bucks that are heavier. So Im struggling..like ok....115 bucks is a bit much but Ill bite the bullet and take it.

Go to check out....sales tax another 10 or so dollars. Are you kidding me? Here we go again.

So the idea of buying a hero and 12 normal troops for $100 is doable, but my price instantly rocket $25 more.

Seriously....$125 for 13 models that Ill use occasionally. Ridiculous.

I looked into the beaureau of labor statistics and everything on this. The prices changed for inflation arent even close. Its a rip. There are no excuses anymore for consumers from here. I have 0 people from my group buying these right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:24 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wow!

Lord of the Brown ring. You are really trying to spin this in the most negative angle as possible.

GW will at a point in time (before or at fiscal year end) consolidate FW, GW and BL sites so that instore delivery or gw shipping will be a possibility. But for now consider this.

Dain ft and mtd + 12 Iron hills dwarfs are still cheaper (even with shipping and sales tax) than a hobbit finecast model ft and mtd and 12 finecast warriors (a total of $145) and thats without shipping and sales tax.

Support STF on patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/spillforeningenthefellowship
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:43 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If I'm not mistaken the huge taxes for shipping to US are a flaw of the US government and not to blame on Forgeworld. The shipping costs are the same for everyone outside the UK. The fact that you live in the US and there for the taxes are so high has nothing to do with how they 'screw' US citizen.

Let's keep the post a bit more positive. I often read negatively tinted posts from you, but in the end - We got new models! Isn't that great?

On the other hand. I do agree that shipping for FW items is rather expensive since it's percentage based. But they're a company that's allowed to ask whatever they want for shipping. If you don't like it - don't buy. If nobody would buy, the prices wouldn't be that high. ;)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Lord of the Brown ring. You are really trying to spin this in the most negative angle as possible.

I would be far harsher but I agreed some time ago not to bash GW in this forum.This is supposed to be a news post. I don't like the prices, the material, the paint pots or GW or Forgeworld service. I have not purchased anything from them for years. That is hardly news.

I am a fan of Middle Earth and do like to keep up with the news. I am not interested in value judgments, cost evaluation,speculation or opinion. I was looking for some news :(

I reread this post. It is not clear that I agreed with Lord of the Brown ring.I was trying not to make a personal comment but a very general comment.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:43 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I like them a lot! Problem is, I am having to rebuild my collection, small as it was, and these guys are relatively far down my list.

chranos wrote:
GW will at a point in time (before or at fiscal year end) consolidate FW, GW and BL sites so that instore delivery or gw shipping will be a possibility.

Do you have a source on this? I would LOVE this to be true as I would like to continue to support my (relatively) local GW store as the manager is a good guy, but Middle Earth SBG is my only focus now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Watch Chranos' videos. He's been to the major conventions in the UK and seems to be the source everyone's citing.

It looks like consolidation is already in the works. You can click on the new models and be redirected. Chranos also says that you will be able to order the new book from both Forgeworld and GW.

p.s. If you put them on your gift list, someone else has to worry about shipping. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:11 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Both the new book and the laketown kit will be available from the GW site on preorder nov 26th with release 3rd of december (SAME DAY AS BLOODBOWL. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST)

The above is from Adam Troke himself at the seminar at Ardacon.

If you look at the coding for the GW site there is already a FW button in place on the top of the page. Not visible or active but it is there ready to be used. Also GW is blurring the lines more and more between GW products and FW products. There is more and more FW in white Dwarf and featured on the GW FB and articles on the web. The release of FW limited edition miniatures in GW stores. Middle Earth is split between both GW and FW. same with Blood Bowl. Main box will be on the main GW page while star players is from FW. Calth and Prospero making plastics released through gw stores and web but they were never made to be played with in the boxed games they are released in surely.

This in addition to the notes from the shareholders meeting as well as financial statements that this is in the works.

Support STF on patreon:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:14 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GW's fiscal year starts june 1st by the way

Support STF on patreon:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

GreatKhanArtist wrote:
p.s. If you put them on your gift list, someone else has to worry about shipping. :P

Unfortunately, I have some, shall we shall "old-fashioned", family members on my wife's side who prefer to buy things in person. This way, they could go buy it at the store and pick it up, feeling like they did something to get a hold of it. If that makes any sense.

chranos wrote:
Both the new book and the laketown kit will be available from the GW site on preorder nov 26th with release 3rd of december (SAME DAY AS BLOODBOWL. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST)

The above is from Adam Troke himself at the seminar at Ardacon.

If you look at the coding for the GW site there is already a FW button in place on the top of the page. Not visible or active but it is there ready to be used. Also GW is blurring the lines more and more between GW products and FW products. There is more and more FW in white Dwarf and featured on the GW FB and articles on the web. The release of FW limited edition miniatures in GW stores. Middle Earth is split between both GW and FW. same with Blood Bowl. Main box will be on the main GW page while star players is from FW. Calth and Prospero making plastics released through gw stores and web but they were never made to be played with in the boxed games they are released in surely.

This in addition to the notes from the shareholders meeting as well as financial statements that this is in the works.

That's fabulous news! I wish it was already up for pre-order!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

me 2 man :D

Support STF on patreon:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I really don't understand why people are criticising and discouraging LordoftheBrownRing from stating his opinion. He does not agree with GW's pricing model and he is entitled to feel that way. I happen to agree with him that GW prices are way over the top.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:12 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

There is a difference of stating ones opinion and hammering his points in by sheer force. I welcome opinions and discussion but spreading negativity for negativity's sake is not welcome by my standards.

Don't like the models? Don't buy them! You are more than welcome to say you don't like them but maybe not 5 times in a week.

Don't like the prices? Don't buy them! You are more than welcome to say you don't like them but maybe not 5 times in a week.

Support STF on patreon:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ok enough is enough please!

Arguing about prices is completely pointless. So what if a member doesn't like the price they don't have to buy the model, for goodness sake leave it at that and move on.
There is absolutely no need for this conversation to go on any further and if it does I'll lock the thread and warnings will be issued.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:14 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
I have 0 people from my group buying these right now.

::Mood Change::

I might be joining your group so this claim won't be good for much longer :D . . . I bought two of everything (it was the only way to get "Free" shipping. Anyone have advice on how to "hide" international charges from a spouse? :o
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
Anyone have advice on how to "hide" international charges from a spouse? :o

Address it to her and then thank her profusely for the thoughtful gesture buying you all the lovely new releases.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:15 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
Anyone have advice on how to "hide" international charges from a spouse? :o

Hide nothing, but claim temporary insanity.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
. . . I bought two of everything (it was the only way to get "Free" shipping. Anyone have advice on how to "hide" international charges from a spouse? :o

"Sorry honey, it was cheaper this way. Otherwise I had to pay for shipping as well" :rofl:

I'm a bit disappointed the dwarves aren't. But since everyone says this resin is better than finecast I might give it a try. Dain looks awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:32 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

dpb1298 wrote:
Does anyone remember what else the Perry's sculpted? I remember there being a forum post that listed some Iron Hills stuff they sculpted, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm curious to know if the new dwarves were done by them, or re-done by someone else. Also I'd like to know if they made Dwarf cavalry to see if Forge World might release them later. Otherwise I'm going for proxies.
Thanks!

The Perry's had nothing to do with the new Iron Hills releases. These were all done by the newly assembled Middle-earth team. And yes. Dwarf cavalry is heading our way shortly :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Once again there is growing excitement and enthusiasm for our game. It is a refreshing time to be in the hobby. Those of us who have been around long enough can of course all fondly recall times when plastic figures were cheap as chips with twice as many in the boxes, but (news flash) those days are long gone and they aren't coming back. Plastic figures are likely to be a thing of the past looking forwards. The expansion of our game has moved over to Forgeworld. It makes good business sense to do so. Granted, it isn't ideal for a lot of people but now at least we do have an expansion to our game, which is a heck of a lot more than we had at this point last year so I'll happily embrace it with open arms.
And if the quality of the initial releases are of any indication of whats to follow then I am one very happy hobbyist. :)

With regards to certain individuals complaining about prices, I would ask that you refresh yourselves with point six in the forum guidelines. It will not be tolerated here.

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=481

Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next