All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 pm

Post subject: Gandalf the Grey mounted back on GW website
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:29 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

That price, though! :lol:

Link: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ga ... unted-2016

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Post subject: Re: Gandalf the Grey mounted back on GW website
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Nice, temporarily out of stock for the UK though

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:43 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just wait ;). Hope they bring back all the Arnor heroes!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:31 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Glad I sold all the ones I had for drug prices on ebay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:38 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm glad I have a dragon's horde worth of back-log because I can't believe the prices for these re-releases and rumored new FW model prices.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:35 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

£22? So expensive *rolls eyes*

We clamour for OOP models to be re-sold, we clamour for new models to be made yet people always moan about pricing.

I bet the new MESBG team feel so appreciated reading comments like that.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

IMO, yes, about $30 for a single model is too much.

That same model was $15 when I first bought it. Box sets of 24 warriors were $20-$25. I'd go $20 for a combo mounted/foot hero blister in today's market. I have no interest in OOP coming back when the prices aren't much better then the ebay gouging.

Even the reprinted books are stupidly priced now.

Anyone that's taken economics knows that everyone has their own levels of value and what they are willing to pay. For many these prices are fine. I just don't happen to be one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:06 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Its great to have everything that's coming back and yes the prices are rough but its better to have it then not. I think the bigger bummer is that he comes foot and mounted and I have like 3-4 of that foot gandalf already lol.

It is worry some for sure the prices are so high. The BOFA releases especially were a pretty huge gouge. I honestly, looking at some of forge world troop sets aren't that bad, closer to the plastic DOS releases, maybe that's too hopeful but I'd still rather have the option to get them then to not. If they really do cost more then the BOFA releases I probably won't be able to get much of it. Its also fair to say this is one of those grown up games where if you don't have an adult job you probably don't have the spending money to play. I do think that has become more and more true even when it was first released and the fellowship set $30 as a 11 year kid I wasn't able to buy it.

I'll still probably save up and get Dain and at least a set or two of dwarves since those are always models I've wanted and as disappointed in the hobbit movies as I was the iron hill dwarves are cool, except the balista -_- (come on pj). I am honestly not looking forward to any of the evil stuff anyways since its just glorifying the goofiest parts of the movies that just rolled my eyes through in the theaters anyways.

Regardless its cool to see renewed support and attention to the game. If any of the rumored reworks happen to older rules sets it could changing hopefully for the better the older rules, army lists, ect that will make the game more fun for people who don't buy a single new model and just play with older models and armies.

P
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Don't get me wrong...I do love the option of the older models coming back. If nothing else maybe the re-releases will level out the secondary market a little and make picking things up second hand easier again.

I got into SBG in 2004, age 34. Like taxes and cost-of-living the GW prices seem to go up just a little faster than income does. :-)

I know I'm in a minority around here now, but I just really didn't get into the BoFA. I thought it was far more "Warcraft" than Tolkien with the goofy trolls, chariot, pigs, twirly-wirlies, etc. I like Dain and his troops for the most part outside of that sort of extra cheese. But at least it means I'm not very driven to buy into most of the latest releases. Some of it is great but I picked most of what I liked up already (AUJ and DoS).

It's really a drive to buff out more of my LotR forces for me, so these re-releases are of great interest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:53 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

[quote="Beowulf03809"
I got into SBG in 2004, age 34. Like taxes and cost-of-living the GW prices seem to go up just a little faster than income does. :-)
[/quote]

Ain't that the truth :d

I totally agree with you though other then the dwarves I don't think I'll get any of the rest of it. I could probably go in for some ram riders too, maybe a chariot.. The orcs and trolls are pretty much a pass for me but if other people like them and it keeps people interested and playing its all good! I hope the BOFA stuff doesn't push other armies out of relevance though. Since I didn't like a lot of that stuff I be a little frustrated to watch it smash through lotr armies :/ Sort of feel that way about the Goblin town stuff, especially the Goblin King O.O so beefy.

P
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:59 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

To be clear I was trying to say I thought it was reasonably priced. Given what folks were shucking out on eBay for this guy I thought $36 US was great. It's cheaper than the mounted resin Hobbit figures. They could have charged $40 and I wouldn't have blinked.