All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

Post subject: Re: Warhammer Fest 2017
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great news all! I'm especially excited about the news that they will be revisiting the Fall of Osgiliath and the Battle of the Pelennor Fields! :yay:
Actually, this is the most excited I've been about GW news in a long long time! :D
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for sharing guys :)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:34 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just because GW says no new plastics, that doesn't rule out the possibility of new plastics forever. For example, the original plans for the Blood Bowl release was 4 plastic teams and then the rest of the teams and star players would be plastic. Sales have been beyond their expectations and they announced (from what I understand) that all new teams and more star players would be done in plastic, not by Forge World in resin. The same can be said for the upcoming Adpetus Titanicus game, which was going to be done in resin, but demand has been so high they have decided to switch to plastic which has resulted in a delay in production, instead of releasing this year it should release next year.

What's my point? If sales are good enough for Middle Earth SBG, GW could change their minds and do more new plastics.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:39 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You know, it's interesting. I told a friend about how much I adored the new Lake town models and showed her the pics. She said she hated how their "mouths are open like that" and that it was a big turn off for her. I said it fits their profiles and how they are in the movies. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Metalface has some interesting news. Thanks, I enjoyed reading that. Apparently, plastics are quite the investment to create. I heard once that it cost in the neighbourhood of $2000 to make a sprue from design to production. But the fact that the TABA book keeps selling out is a good sign. Really, I was actually happy I couldn't get my copy for Christmas! We did get the Laketown house kit, and it's also sold out all the time. I would imagine the original ruins to be rereleased with the Osgiliath 2018 book. Vox populi - power to the people! :yay:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:00 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

CKoo wrote:
Thanks for the info, I have one question, though:

Harfoot wrote:
Great day yesterday, key points -

New Generals pack with markers and army lists sheets (to plan your own list) out in next 2 months

Do you know, what we can expect from this "Generals pack?" Does this mean new command units or is it simply a name for a pack with markers and army lists?

Bascially its a pack of Army List blank sheets to create your army on, Markers for wounds, spells,etc and 12 scenarios that they would like to see used at Tournaments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Green_Dragon wrote:
Dead Marsh Spectre wrote:
Green_Dragon wrote:
I'm sorry those faces on bards children are some of the worst I've ever seen from both the hobbit and lotr range. Even the picture of the unpainted ones look horrid so it's not just the paint job.

I have to disagree with this. I had a good look at the unpainted at warhammerfest and they looked fine to me. The problem with the painted ones is the highlight placement on the faces. It makes them lack definition in the places that should be defined and have too much definition in the places where it shouldn't be like inbetween the eyes.

The gaping mouths just don't look right to me but each to their own I'll still buy them anyway

What was interesting, the designers Gavin Newton, Keith Robertson and Writer Jay Clare did a Seminar on the sculpting process "from Screen to Table Top" and discussed the "Approval Process from Warner Bros, they have to submit a lot of photo's of painted minis before they are allowed to release them, they are very hard to please by all accounts, but, Bain, Sigrid & Tilda were approved on the first submission with some brilliant feed back.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

metalface13 wrote:
Just because GW says no new plastics, that doesn't rule out the possibility of new plastics forever... If sales are good enough for Middle Earth SBG, GW could change their minds and do more new plastics.

I can see your point, i'm just a bit of a worrier. I know i'm a latecomer on the forum side but i've been collecting & gaming with the middle-earth ranges since the beginning & now we have the support renewed by GW, i'd hate for it to fall away again. On a side note, I find it strange that in this era of 'kickstarters' that they have not gone that route with meeting some of their costs?

If they were to try this route i'm sure a lot of fans (myself included) would gladly contribute to the creation process costs if it meant exclusive model 'perks' and/or a reduction in the overall sale prices in the long-term, in return for our investment ;)