All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm

Post subject: More news from Warhammer Fest
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The Warhammer Community page has been updated with good quality pics of a series of new characters - Guritz (i.e. "Skully") and "Gothmog's Enforcer" as well as two new heroes for Gondor: Hurin the Tall, Warden of the Keys (foot and mounted) plus Ingold, Warden of Rammas Echor. Added the Dol Amroth Knights too, for completion.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-1/

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... ers2rk.jpg

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... rin5wv.jpg

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... old4wb.jpg

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... oth3hz.jpg
 Post subject: Re: More news from Warhammer Fest
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hell yes :)
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

That is fantastic news. First impression is that they look like great sculpts. I'd like to get them all when they are released. Hope even more are on the way !!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:06 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This makes me giddy! I'm so happy to see the Kingdoms of Men getting some new models after so long!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:13 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

These are so good. Usually on the fence with the FW given the extra outlay, but I think these are going in the collection.
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

These models do look amazing. Thanks for posting!
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for sharing these pics, looking forward to getting my hands on some of these :-D

Has there been any news on the remaining hobbit models yet to be released (iron hill chariot with Thorins Co, Thorins Co on goats, catapult troll etc)?

Also, any news on the new edition or battle of pelennor fields?

Cheers,

Andy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:53 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Amazing looking stuff

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cool models. But no news whatsoever on the upcoming rulebook, the upcoming source book, and whether or not they are the same thing? Really disappointed in their radio silence on that... I just don't understand why they need to be so secretive about it. The current rulebook has been out of print for two months and we have no idea when it will be replaced. I think that's just bad business practice and not a good way to generate and maintain interest in your game system.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:30 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Finally, new KoDA! I like how they tamed the wings on the helmets a little bit, but they would still very much match the old metal and mounted versions.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@Voyager

Yeah I am disappointed on that front, been holding out on buying a rulebook as I thought we were going to get it about the same time as Battle Companies. I honestly think that the success of Blood Bowl / Necromunda and the bringing in of AT as a full plastic game has probably pushed back the releases for Middle Earth.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:09 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This is great stuff!

Does anyone have a release date for the Goblin Mercenaries?
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:58 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

burning gaze wrote:
Does anyone have a release date for the Goblin Mercenaries?
They were on sale at the event, so wouldn't surprise me to see them up on the Forge World website at the end of this week.

Lothíriel wrote:
@Voyager

Yeah I am disappointed on that front, been holding out on buying a rulebook as I thought we were going to get it about the same time as Battle Companies. I honestly think that the success of Blood Bowl / Necromunda and the bringing in of AT as a full plastic game has probably pushed back the releases for Middle Earth.

The new rulebook has been scheduled for release sometime this summer for a good while now. I don't think the other game systems have much to do with it: a major release in one range may be a reason to delay another, but BB and Necro at least have their usual gradual releases, nothing else. The Middle-earth team is almost entirely independent from the others (one of the sculptors has done the occasional bit for Necromunda and they help playtest each other's games at times I think), so I think the main issue is quite simply the small team working on this: a single ruleswriter, 2 sculptors (1 possibly part-time Middle-earth?). Although we aren't quite sure what the new book will contain, revisions of many older profiles are likely included, which takes a fair amount of time to envision and write, and many, many hours of playtesting. It's ready when it's ready, and I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. (Much better than the rushed Necromunda books, full of inconsistencies and mistakes.)
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'm all for taking more time if that means a more polished, complete and consistent rulebook. What I don't like is the lack of information about it. While it's clear we'll get a new rulebook and a Fields of Pelennor supplement at some point, it's not clear if they are the same thing or not and what it will include.

I think it's great they'll update and streamline the LotR range to match the Hobbit range, but I'd like to know how they'll do this. For example, will they cover it in different supplements or do it all at the same time? I'm really hoping for the latter, otherwise they'll continually have to tweak everything when they release a new update. That would be such a pain and moneysink for a game that already requires a huge amount of time and money. And the rate of new releases and updates isn't exactly substantial (no wonder if the team really is that small). Honestly if they take another year but release a very complete and thorough rulebook, containing all the new and updated profiles, I wouldn't mind the extra wait at all. I'd much prefer that over a rushed and incomplete book releasing next month.

I do find myself being enthusiastic about the new models. They really look great and will likely be fun and useful additions to the current range. I also really appreciate the re-releases of the OOP models. I'll definitely order some Shirrifs as I never got around to it the first time around.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

They were clearly under instructions not to reveal any information about new supplement/rulebooks. But they did say they were sticking to comments they made last year, that something would be coming out this spring/summer. So there's probably not too long to wait. Though the question is what it will contain. They were still selling the old source books at the event.

A little detail ... Ingold's shield has a set of rings representing the walls of Minas Tirith, as he is the guard of the outer wall. The motif on the shield matches the pommel of his sword.
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yes, I suppose I should be careful wishing for it to come faster! The thin gruel of the Necromunda books is a warning, perhaps!
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm always excited for new PAINTS! Those ethereal glazes will be so fun to try out on the army of the dead.