All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Battle of Pelennor Fields Box Set Announced
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Alex123 wrote:
Alex123 wrote:
Gandalf the White (foot and mounted) appears to have vanished from the webstore.

I wonder if this means there could be a new plastic version on the way soon? It would fit in with the Pelennor fields theme.

... They've now announced a new Gandalf the White with Pippin on horseback. Nice model.

I wonder if solo Gandalf the White will come back on sale? Otherwise would add to points cost if you always have to take Pippin too. Or would you allow the model to count as just Gandalf in a tournament?

(Do people allow combined models like Arwen/Frodo or Legolas/Gimli on horse in tournaments?)

For those who are looking for it:

Source: https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-1/

Beautiful model I think! Very characterful indeed. Only drawback might be his staff, which looks rather thick. Shadowfax is beautiful and dynamic though.

Furthermore, I quote:
GW wrote:
With the new Middle-earth Rules Manual and the Armies of The Lord of The Rings™ book gathering all the aforementioned forces and rules for easy reference, we’ll be supporting the game going forward with a series of in-depth campaign books designed to explore the most iconic moments from the series.

The first of these will be Gondor at War, covering the events of the War of the Ring as it sweeps across Gondor, from the ambush at Ithilien and the fall of Osgiliath to the Battle of Pelennor Fields and the march on the Black Gate of Mordor itself. You’ll find tactical primers, loads of scenarios and rewards for theming your army to the forces that fought in this time of war – like King Théoden’s final epic charge.

I hope (and slightly suspect) that some heroes will be allowed as Passengers (Gandalf & Pippin, Arwen & Frodo, Legolas & Gimli), though we don't know yet. It would also be rather nice to see a Eowyn & Merry model in the same category..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:13 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Excellent news.

Good looking model, not sure about pippin hopefully he can be removed easily if needed.

Has me thinking, maybe there will be some sort of special rule in the profile for having pippin as a passenger.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Fëanor, the mighty elf wrote:
Beautiful model I think! Very characterful indeed. Only drawback might be his staff, which looks rather thick. Shadowfax is beautiful and dynamic though.

As someone who had 2 Heroes of the West Gandalf the White who both lost their staff from the hand up, I can accept the minor loss of form in the interest of function.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:07 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That Gandalf really looks like Ian McEllen.
Of course, that can change with the paint job :)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I love this model! Going to have to buy one for sure!

The airbrushing looks great, but I'm totally pouting that I don't have one to replicate the beautiful blending on Shadowfax. Not fair, GW!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:08 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Dwarves4thewin! wrote:
I'm very interested in the new rules, hopefully they've changed it good. I like the fact that some heroes can have bigger warbands.
Maybe I will buy the new rule book, without te box. I've got al the models already several times (except the new Theoden Model of course..).

One question I have left: will there only be changed LotR profiles, or are Hobbit profiles also included in here?

Separate book.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I caved and bought one. I like Theoden, wanted the book and the evil army anyway, so the rest of the models were essentially. I thought I had lots of orcs. Apparently, not enough to play though all the scenarios in the old books. So more orcs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:26 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You can never have too many orcs !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7