All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:44 am

Post subject: Re: Nov 24 pre-orders
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The US is a big country. So it depends on where you are. The game is doing well on the east coast. I have personal experience with the northern VA/DC area and new England.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Ah. Tabletop wargames and card games are equally huge. I am in CT if you are knterested, going to be holding a demo night to drum up some people closer to me. Try contacting the DCHL though(DC Hobbit League). I was able to find someone else to play with that was fairly close to my location.
Captain Con will also be going on, and is hosting SITE. It is a tournament with I around 12 people enlisted right now.
I think you just need to find a place that has a lot of GW. My local store has both Warhammers, Star Wars Legion, etc. Never got around to trying those, but ME SBG is amazing... So I am happy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cave Dragon wrote:
I think you just need to find a place that has a lot of GW. My local store has both Warhammers, Star Wars Legion, etc. Never got around to trying those, but ME SBG is amazing... So I am happy.

I appreciate the encouragement, but I've pretty much long since resigned myself to just collecting. It would be great to find some other people interested in playing, but it doesn't appear to be in the cards.

I've checked out all the game stores in my area (I'm in the midwest), and none of them have a strong GW presence. The nearest GW store is an hour and a half drive, and there's no LOTR interest there either. I've known a few 40k players, but they're mainly interested in recruiting more 40k players, rather than expanding into LOTR. :kitten:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:26 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Tar-Minastir wrote:
I don't want to see Numenorean cavalry. I prefer things that we get in the story. Its possible there were some mounted Numenoreans, but I've never seen them as a horse people.

I guess it comes down to the question of game design vs narrative.

There is mention in the books of their "steel bows", would be nice to have a Great Bow for them. But actually I'm just glad they got S4 in the new profiles, that was long overdue. I've been slowly building my Numenorians and I have enough now to field a solid war band with Elendil. But more poses would be awesome, so maybe I'll have to work on Galadhrim and then Khand before I see what they come up with.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:47 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:
Tar-Minastir wrote:
There is mention in the books of their "steel bows", would be nice to have a Great Bow for them.

I painted my Numenoreans bows a silver metallic color to represent their steel bows. It was a deviation from the movies but true to the books. I used to enjoy making little changes like that. Personalizes your minis.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

whafrog wrote:
Tar-Minastir wrote:
I don't want to see Numenorean cavalry. I prefer things that we get in the story. Its possible there were some mounted Numenoreans, but I've never seen them as a horse people.

I guess it comes down to the question of game design vs narrative.

There is mention in the books of their "steel bows", would be nice to have a Great Bow for them. But actually I'm just glad they got S4 in the new profiles, that was long overdue. I've been slowly building my Numenorians and I have enough now to field a solid war band with Elendil. But more poses would be awesome, so maybe I'll have to work on Galadhrim and then Khand before I see what they come up with.

Yeah, that always bugged me. They need longbows.
But Numenoreans need plastic sprues. $5 a warrior is a no-no.