All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm

Post subject: Re: Returning figures
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I wish GW would allow for budgeting better, while I would like the Orc Captains I might have to pass as I have other hobby needs with a limited hobby budget. These limited figures play havoc with what I can spend.

Update - will not be buying anything this Saturday, just spent my February budget :D (shipping from the UK isn't cheap)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:13 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

GW is changing tomorrow (22 Jan) releases to made-to-order instead of limited stock, so as long as you order within one week, you are guaranteed to get it in the end:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... uaranteed/

Good move from GW, think this is a very fair way to do it.

(I didn't like the Elladan/Elrohir when they first came out, but now they seem quite fun in a nostalgic way ... might pick them up too!)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:23 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am a bit confused by this, are they still going to be restocked eventually or once they are gone and they're gone?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

So as far as I understand the position is as follows ...

Models released on 15 January (eg. 3x black riders, Haldir, Glorfindel) are currently in the permanent range. If they sell out they will come back in a few weeks/months. (But you never know, they might get rotated off the list in a year or two).

Models released on 22 January (eg. witch-king on horse, Sam & Frodo in orc armour) you have to order in the week starting 22 January. While stocks last you'll get them straight away. If the stocks run out you'll get them in a few weeks when they've made more. But when the week is up these will be unavailable ... so no ordering them in February. (But you never know, they could come back at some point in future years. This is Cirdan's second appearance in made-to-order for example).
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yeah that's how I understand it Alex, tomorrow's releases are up for made to order until 6pm UK time Jan 31st, which mainly affects our American comrades in essentially having one less day.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:21 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

They are up on the UK site now.

Glad that it's not a mad rush to get from a limited stock, but not sure if orders are fulfilled in order?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Alex123 wrote:
So as far as I understand the position is as follows ...

Models released on 15 January (eg. 3x black riders, Haldir, Glorfindel) are currently in the permanent range. If they sell out they will come back in a few weeks/months. (But you never know, they might get rotated off the list in a year or two).

Models released on 22 January (eg. witch-king on horse, Sam & Frodo in orc armour) you have to order in the week starting 22 January. While stocks last you'll get them straight away. If the stocks run out you'll get them in a few weeks when they've made more. But when the week is up these will be unavailable ... so no ordering them in February. (But you never know, they could come back at some point in future years. This is Cirdan's second appearance in made-to-order for example).

Ah thanks yeah that makes more sense!