All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

Post subject: Numenor - Anarion Miniature
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So i know Anarion is mentioned in the profile of Isildur but neither has a model nor a profile of his own.

As it turned this was no indication of a 2nd Age or Last Alliance supplement (so far) and probably just an error of the army book writers.

But I wondered:
The new rules and with it the current army book came out in 2018. Was there ever any kind of official or half-official or insider news/info about how and why Anarion was put into army book but has no profile?

Post subject: Re: Numenor - Anarion Miniature
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

His inclusion was definitely no error. The general consensus from the people that know about this sort of thing (certain well connected Brits and so forth) is that the ME team either planned, or still plans, to release a supplement for the last alliance. It is quite possible they just haven't gotten around to it or that the team is deliberately waiting to see how things sell before committing to whatever scheme they have in the works.

That, or it was just done as a deliberate hype-building ploy. Which is possible I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:42 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I think The Last Alliance as a supplement, complete with new miniatures is probably one of the most requested/wanted new releases fans are asking for. From following the talks prior to the new edition I believe the MESBG team was planning this release, but I think it was then announced that the new Amazon TV series will also be set during the Second Age, probably leading the team's plans to be put on ice for a while.

From a commercial perspective (as well as maybe aligning with the aesthetics of the show), it would make a lot more sense for Games Workshop to release such a Last Alliance supplement, including Anarion, around the time the Amazon show launches. So I'm 99% sure it's still coming, just not yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:51 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

They could be missing a trick commercially ...

If they had released a lot of Last Alliance miniatures a year or so ago, like some new Rivendell elves and a Forgeworld Elendil/Isildur mounted, they probably would have sold a lot. People with existing armies, or who wanted really damage-heavy heroes like Elendil and Isildur would have bought in.

Then in a year or two if there was a new set of second age models that looked really nice accompanying a new TV show, I bet those would have sold too ... to both old and brand-new players.

I bet there are quite a few people out there who have both old and new Thranduil or Radagast in their collections, as well as dozens of Gandalfs. I'm not sure a really nice mounted Elendil miniature from Forgeworld would have gone unsold because he might look different in a future TV show.

That said, I still have plenty of miniatures left to paint already!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I definitely request a Last alliance Supplement :D

And yeah i have great hopes for the Amazon Show and whatever results from it as GW products B-)

However i am also little Bit worried about the show being already for a long Time in production without much to Show and mostly hearing negative Press regarding it