All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:58 pm

Post subject: Went to a GW store
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Or more accurately, a Warhammer store. Went last Friday, had a painting emergency where I needed a paint and didn't want to drive the extra distance to a game store which I like to support.

Glad I went on Friday vs Leviathan Saturday. The store had a table full of pre-orders and more on the floor. Instagram has basically been Leviathen since.

I was glad to see at last the store had some shelf space for LOTR but obviously wasn't the focal point.

Glad to see the excitement on a GW product, just wish some of that would happen with Middle Earth.

No news or rumor, just an observation.

Post subject: Re: Went to a GW store
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:59 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I recently went to the Warhammer Cafe in Akihabara, Tokyo while on vacation.

They had Smaug, some Gundabad Ogres, and three Mumakil on display. It was really cool. They had one small shelf dedicated to MESBG, including Forge World products (just not the Forge World products I was hoping for!).
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:25 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

In the UK most of the stores now carry a few Middle Earth products ... usually the Osgiliath starter-box and a few of the new plastic boxes (eg. warhosts, Gandalf and Pippin, Eowyn etc).

The Tottenham Court Road store in London also has a few Forge World models, although it's not comprehensive for Middle Earth.

... This is a much better position than a few years back, when you wouldn't see any Middle Earth at all outside the Pelennor fields box. You also see plastic Blood Bowl/Necromunda in the stores more often these days too.

... Middle Earth has gone a little quiet on the release schedule this year though. You'd hope they could sneak out a few more plastic heroes now and then (King Aragorn? Captain Boromir?) I'm sure they'd sell and it wouldn't require any new rules/change the game at all.

(Bizarre fact, one GW store I went into recently had two Gondor Trebuchets on its shelves!)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:45 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah Shops have again shelves for MESBG :)

But i wouldnt expect anything New thus year... As mentioned, they currently pump out a New 40k Edition and thats probably Binding all resources i would assume.