All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:34 am

Post subject: Pro Painter
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:07 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

So what exactly makes someone a pro painter or a model pro painted? Is it as simple as someone paying you to paint it or is there more to the title?

Post subject: Re: Pro Painter
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:05 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

From my experience when buying models, anytime it says Pro Painted or Well Painted, it means it is less than average painted and below my standard and I am not Pro.

So what does it mean, it means it is a high standard from the perspective of the one making the claim. Anyone can take a commission and slap paint on a model it doesn't make it Professional nor good. And many Pro Painters or full time commission painters have levels of painting for the price you are paying so even from them it is not a guarantee of highest standard. Furthermore, if it is top standard, like a 9 or higher on CMoN then it will fetch from $50 to well over $100 depending on the model itself and custom work, base work and so forth.

If you are buying a model and are being told "pro Painted" ask to see a picture and then tell them if you think it is really pro of just pretty good.