All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am

Post subject: Which paints to use - 'elfblue' and 'RRG green'
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello everyone,

I've got some questions about some paints I may need. Or more exactly, which paints I will need.
I want to paint some Elven heroes the traditional 'Gold-blue' style. I've got the 'old' Ice blue and 'new' Teclis Blue from GW and some paints from other brands (Decoart: Azurblauw, it's dutch I think as is Amsterdam: groenblauw), but it's all not what I really want for the Elvish blue. Does someone knows which 'new' blue is used or would be used if GW painted the Elven heroes now?

And I've got the same question about the Rohan Royal Guards green. The normal riders and warriors I have and want in different styles of green, to give image to the idea that they all brought their own capes. The Rohan Royal Guard will be nice to have all the same green colour, but I'm not sure which one to use. I've got some greens already, from GW and others, but not the one that is used, I think.
 Post subject: Re: Which paints to use - 'elfblue' and 'RRG green'
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would highly recommend downloading the free Citadel paint app for your smart device. It's got a paint scheme for the riders of rohan and you can select a colour and see a painted example. It's helped me immensely.