All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - Goblin Raid
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:38 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Goblin Raid

The Dwarves talked quietly in the tavern, watching the other townsfolk. Dwóin sat with a bandage around his temple, one foot on another stool, his eyes shut as he slept peacefully. Fáli came rushing in through the door, breathing heavily, as though he’d been running. “Hunters! Come quick!” He called, “there’s Goblins about!”

Good:
Silé, Baeli, Fáli, Khîm, Lóni, Fári, Flói, Nári, Ári, Kúran, Safur and Lúfur
Evil:
Large Goblin (Durbûrz), 18 Goblins (6 with Shields, 6 with Spears, 6 with Orc Bows), and 6 Wild Wargs

The Good side must defend the town, and kill the Large Goblin

The Hunters could hear the howling of Wargs and beatings of crude blades on shields as they waited for the enemy. ”They have one of the larger Goblins leading them,” Fáli said. “If we kill it, we may be able to drive them off.”
Two small packs of Wargs were guarding the Goblins flanks, two arrows hitting a Warg, but getting stuck in its thick hide. The Dwarves grimaced as the horde of Goblins advanced towards them. Baeli seemed prepared to die, a grim mood filling him. “There’s so many,” he whispered to himself. Death seemed inevitable.
Two more Dwarven arrows flew through the air, further infuriating the Warg they were stuck in. Lóni and Lúfur leapt at a Warg, with Fári not far behind them. The Goblins kept marching towards the Dwarves, Wargs nearly upon them. Safur gave a yell of triumph as his arrow killed a Warg, whilst Lóni, Lúfur and Fári easily defended themselves from the Wargs.
Lúfur, eager to prove his value to the hunters, threw an axe into a Warg, killing it. Lóni joined him in his assault on the Wargs, as Nári leapt to Fári’s defence, but the Goblins kept coming. Fáli grinned as his arrow brought down a Warg, Safur doing nothing to stop the impending threat. Between them, Lóni and Lúfur killed another of the foul creatures; Fári and Nári barely letting their enemy escape with its life.
The Goblins crashed against the Dwarves, axe meeting blade in mid air. Fáli’s arrow flew into a spear armed Goblin, causing the creature to howl in agony as it fell to the floor. Despite being attacked by two of the Goblins, Lóni not only defended himself, but managed to kill one of them as well! Nári was not so lucky, getting bashed on the head by a shield, before collapsing. This caused Ári to leap into a rage, and he quickly killed a Goblin, as Baeli beheaded the penultimate Warg, his heavy axe doing little to hinder him. Lúfur’s axes claimed another archer, as he began attacking all within his reach. Silé, Flói, Baeli, Khîm and Kúran all surged forwards, before the Goblins leapt at them. The Goblins pressed forwards their numerical advantage, equally matched against the skill and burning hatred of the Dwarves.
Lúfur smiled grimly as another of the archers fell to his whirling axes, as Ári was knocked out by the Goblin who had beaten his brother. Fáli yelled out, as Safur collapsed next to him, before decapitating his enemy. Angered, Silé swept the head off of another Goblin, whilst Baeli was stabbed in the knees. Flói’s axes flew through a Goblin, as the Khâzad Guard, inspired by Silé, leapt at the Goblins, axes swinging fluidly. The Large Goblin stared at Silé, before moving deliberately towards him, challenging him. Silé responded with a roar, but Goblins are not known for their honour, and the Large Goblin was joined by another. Lúfur was slammed into the ground by a Warg, as Lóni and Fári beheaded a pair of Goblins. One of Flói’s axes embedded itself in the back of a Goblin as the green creature attempted to flee from him. Khîm smashed his axe down through a Goblin’s skull, as he tried to fight his way to his Captain. All eyes were on Silé and the Large Goblin, the large brute giving three mighty howls, but Silé was vengeful now, and his axe blades stuck in the creature. Alas, its armour was too thick and protected it from the blows of the enraged Dwarf. Silé through an axe at it, cutting of a finger but not fatally wounding it. Kúran heroically leapt at the Large Goblin, and four of the Goblins began to flee, giving the Hunters enough time to regroup. Fáli sent an arrow through one of the Goblins and it flew out of the side of its neck. The creature stumbled forwards a few steps towards Fáli, before collapsing and landing on its spear, which skewered it.
Fári’s axe slammed into the open jaw of the last Warg, and it leapt away, howling in terror. Kúran found himself beaten to the floor, his helmet rolling off of his head, where the Large Goblin kicked his head, knocking the Dwarf unconscious. The Large Goblin yelled in fear as Silé gave a mighty yell, leaping forwards with Flói and Khîm. Baeli collapsed from exhaustion as the Large Goblins blade cut across Silé’s knee, wounding him slightly, but not fatally. Goblins began to run back towards their leader, afraid of the consequences of failure.
The large creature was beaten back, but the Hunters were losing their energy quickly – only the thought of Goblins killing villagers kept them from collapsing from exhaustion. The Goblins saw their leader surrounded, and screamed in terror. Three axes smashed into the skull of the large Goblin; Silé, Lóni and Khîm each bitterly wounding it.
Fáli finally passed out from exhaustion, but Silé easily rallied his companions. Khîm bludgeoned a Goblin to death with his heavy axe, as one Goblin vanished from their view.
Silé claimed another Goblin’s head, and amongst the caves and mines, he would be known as the Head-taker by Goblins, a cruel and merciless Dwarf. Flói’s axe flew through another Goblin, and they began chasing the last of the creatures. The trapped Goblin swung its bow, knocking Flói unconscious. Khîm calmly killed it, his axe fracturing its skull.

Good Victory – 4 Influence (total 5+3 (8))
Baeli rolls an 11, gaining D6 (3) influence and making a full recovery. Kúran, Flói, Fáli and Safur all make full recoveries; Ári, Nári and Lúfur remaining injured.
Silé gains a Might point. Ári becomes a hero, gaining a Fate point.

Fáli, Fári and Safur left the rest of the hunters as they went to reclaim their arrows. They were quickly joined by Dwóin, who had been waiting inside the tavern in case the Goblins killed the rest of the Hunters. “My friends,” he spoke quietly as they walked together. “I expect we will be leaving this village soon, and head back towards the Goblins. There is a chance they may have followed us here, and if they have, we must make it as safe as we can for those that live here, by leaving. With the destruction of the Rotten Shadow, this place is no longer as dangerous as it once was. Goblins wouldn’t have attacked if they feared something, unless something worse threatened them, and I’m sure that if this is the case, then it is something worse than a Wraith.” Silence fell in the street...

Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - Battle Company
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:00 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Thats a very descrptive report well done, your Dwarves are really growing (no height-related pun there intended).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:06 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yep, really good report. I'm surprised that nobody has died yet though.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:16 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

hmmm, just started with some painting, maybe the first battle will be there today! :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Thats a very descrptive report well done, your Dwarves are really growing (no height-related pun there intended).

:lol: Thanks :D
emre43 wrote:

Thank you :D, but Fáli and Nári died near the beginning, I just got some reinforcements which I then used as Fáli and Nári, as it was easier to work this into the story, and would mean they wouldn't have 4 members for ages
mastermanje wrote:
hmmm, just started with some painting, maybe the first battle will be there today! :D

Cool, I will be following your thread :)

For anyone interested, the Hunters now cost 250 points...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Chris GoM wrote:
emre43 wrote:

Thank you :D, but Fáli and Nári died near the beginning, I just got some reinforcements which I then used as Fáli and Nári, as it was easier to work this into the story, and would mean they wouldn't have 4 members for ages.

Ahh, okay.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22796, that's the link, the first battle is online.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

mastermanje wrote:
http://one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22796, that's the link, the first battle is online.

Ok, will read it a bit. I'll have another battle tomorrow I think, at the moment I'm making some Orcs with spears and bows, and then I think I need to (start) work on the March painting challenge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:11 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Chris GoM wrote:
mastermanje wrote:
http://one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22796, that's the link, the first battle is online.

Ok, will read it now. I'll have another battle tomorrow I think, at the moment I'm making some Orcs with spears and bows, and then I think I need to (start) work on the March painting challenge

Thanx, I'm setting up the terrain for the second battle right now, that one WILL be with the whole company, not just Erthendil, I'll enter my elven rangers I think.

Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - On Patrol
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:53 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

On Patrol

A week had past since the Goblin raid, and Dwóin Fáli, Safur and Lóni were patrolling the local area. Fáli sat staring into the distance, watching for the approach of anyone; friend or foe. Safur raised his bow, and fired an arrow into a tree. It hit the carved in face, and Dwóin nodded approval. Fáli stood up, squinting into the distance, and Lóni glanced at him. “What is it? What do you see?” Lóni asked the other Dwarf. Safur and Dwóin looked over at them. “We’ve got company,” Safur replied.

Good:
Dwóin, Fáli, Safur and Lóni
Evil:
4 Orcs with Shields, 4 Orcs with Orc Bows, and 4 Orcs with Spears, and 3 Orcs with Two-handed weapons

The Good side must prevent the Orcs from reaching the village

“There’s no time to alert the others,” Dwóin told the Dwarves. “We must fight these Orcs as though this is our last fight. We may not see another Dawn.” The Orcs marched forwards, unaware of the Dwarves’ presence, until Fáli fired an arrow into the stomach of an Orc, killing it.
Fáli’s bow twanged again, killing a second Orc, and Dwóin grunted in frustration; both of his arrows had missed. “Lucky shots,” Dwóin muttered. Fáli grinned. The Orcs were too close for comfort now, but Fáli was laughing now. Another of the Orcish archers had fallen to his arrows, and Dwóin had only just managed to hit one. “I wounded him,” Dwóin growled. “Of course you did Dwóin. Keep telling yourself that,” Fáli said jokingly.
Dwóin grinned as his arrow sliced through the last Orc, with a muttered “finally.” Fáli unsuccessfully hid his laughter. Lóni evaded the crude blades of a pair of Orcs, as they lunged at him. The Orcs formed a battle line of sorts, their lack of intelligent being replaced by their instincts.
As one, the Orcs moved to surround the Dwarves; Fáli giving a bitter laugh as both he and Safur killed Orcs with carefully aimed arrows, whilst Dwóin managed to miss, despite the closeness of the Orcs. “You really need to work on your aim,” Fáli told Dwóin, before the Orcs leapt upon them.
Skilfully-crafted axe met crudely-made blade as the Dwarves fought the Orcs hand to hand. However, the Orcs clever use of their shields knocked both Fáli and Safur unconscious, even as Lóni beheaded an Orc. Surrounded, Dwóin and Lóni fought ferociously, but Lóni was pulled down by the overwhelming numbers of the Orcs. Dwóin was also wounded, but it was not fatal, and he gave silent thanks for his survival.
The eight brutal and violent creatures leapt at him, and despite his valiant efforts, Orcs beat Dwóin, and he was left for dead, as his enemies scampered away, back to where they came from.

Evil Victory – 2 Influence, +2 for the points difference, taking them up to 12.
6 points were used to purchase Throwing Axes for Nári, Baeli, and Lóni, reducing the total Influence to 6.
All four Dwarves are injured, and are unable to take part in the next battle.
On the upside, Dwóin increases his Fight Value to 6/3+.

The Dwarves slowly came to their senses. They had taken a beaten from the Orcs, and must return, slowly, to their friends to tell them of the news. After two days of tiring travelling, they arrived at the town, where their friends had made some light throwing axes from metal they’d found in one of the houses, using the run-down blacksmith.

Last edited by Chris GoM on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:17 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Chris GoM wrote:
Fáli’s bow twanged again, killing a second Dwarf

I knew it, Fáli was a traitor all along :wink:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

emre43 wrote:
Chris GoM wrote:
Fáli’s bow twanged again, killing a second Dwarf

I knew it, Fáli was a traitor all along :wink:

He will be hung for the traitor he is! :lol: Thanks for pointing that out, I've changed it now :)

Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - Silé's Tale
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Silé’s Tale

Silé led the injured companions to the a table in the tavern, where he sat down, inviting them to join him. They did so, and Silé began to speak. “When you were away, we scouted out the surrounding area, and we were ambushed, by Orcs.” Fury entered Silé’s voice and the people in the tavern turned to listen to his tale.

Good:
Silé, Baeli, Khîm, Fári, Flói and Kúran
Evil:
4 Orcs with Shields, 4 Orcs with Orc Bows, and 4 Orcs with Spears, and 4 Orcs with Two-handed weapons – whenever an Orc is slain they must roll a die during next turn to see if they return.

To win, the Good side must hold out for 6 turns

“We were surrounded, so we quickly formed a ring, back to back. An arrow hit Fári in the back, but he remained unshaken, and his arrow thudded into the broad shield of an Orc. I fought against an Orc and it was like a Troll fighting a child. The Orc stood no chance. Flói wasn’t so lucky, as he was hit on the head by a shield.
“Kúran and Baeli fought together, butchering an Orc before it could even raise its weapon to defend itself. We leapt upon the Orcs, fury fuelling our fight, but we could see more Orcs approaching in the distance. I fought like my life depended on it, which I suppose it, even as more Orcs fell upon me. One landed on the floor, an axe in its gut.
“Desperation took us, as we looked around at the surrounding Orcs. There was little we could do to save ourselves. Despite this, Khîm fought valiantly, and with a cry of ‘Silé!’ he beheaded an Orc. I then gave a mighty cry and we charged forwards quickly; Silé and Baeli both being surrounded by Orcs. Fear of me dying filled Khîm, and he beheaded another Orc. I used my momentum to kill another Orc, and began to sing one of our songs, and the rest of us took up the song as we fought. Fári was beaten down, but our singing grew louder.
“Before he was struck from behind, Kúran spun quickly, his axe slicing an Orc in half. Baeli’s singing became louder than the rest, and his axe spun, killing two of the five who attacked him. ‘Baruk-Khâzad’ I yelled over our singing, and his axe flew through an Orc, whilst we fought, blade to axe. For every Orc we killed, another took its place – but we fought on.
“Khîm killed another of their number, proving why he was chosen for the Khâzad Guard. The Orcs suddenly charged us with renewed anger, and Khîm, now exhausted from his defence of me, was knocked unconscious, his helmet rolling off his head. Then they began to flee – we did not know why, just that they did.”
Silé took a deep breath. “My friends, there is someone who wishes to speak with you.”

Good Victory – 4 Influence, +2 for the points difference (total 12).
Flói is dead, but the other two make full recoveries.
Both Baeli and Silé increase their attacks to 3.

The Dwarves walked slowly up the stairs, where they found a wounded Flói on a bed. “My friends,” he began weakly. “It has been an honour to fight alongside you. I wish you luck on your quest, and may your beards grow ever longer. I do not know if I have much more time with you, but may my spirit and body be forever at your service.” He went quiet, and the others left his room sadly, closing the door quietly behind them. Silé swallowed, before speaking. “We do not have the medicine or herbs to treat him. It is poison. He will be lucky to survive.”

Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - A little hope
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

A little hope

The twelve Dwarves sat down in the tavern, sadness filling their hearts, especially Fáli and Fári. Baeli stood up, before going outside, where he was followed by Nári. “Is there any hope?” Nári asked the older Dwarf. Baeli stared at the floor for a while, before nodding slowly. “There is always hope, Nári. Remember that. Even when things seem bleakest, there will always be hope, even if it’s only a fool’s hope.”
Nári nodded, and walked to the outskirts of the town. He sat down upon the grass, where he saw two faint figures, illuminated by the moonlight. The figures got closer, and he could tell that they were not enemies, for there would be more of them, and they would be attempting to remain hidden. As they got closer, Nári knew that they were Dwarves, and maybe even friends.
He stood up, bowing. “Nári at your service,” he said. The two Dwarves nodded, and one spoke. “Túra at your service.” The other, who carried a shield, spoke afterwards, “and Grór also.”
Nári smiled to himself, he could see that the Dwarves had packs, maybe they had herbs or medicines too. “There is always hope,” he whispered to himself. “My friend is sick,” he told them. “You seem weary, but he may not live without your help.” Grór nodded, before Nári continued speaking. “We’re staying in the tavern.” Nári started walking, and the other two Dwarves followed.
Nári opened the door to the tavern, leaving it open for the others to follow as he walked up the stairs. He showed them to Flói’s room, where Grór crouched down, rummaging through his pack. “I’ll leave you to it,” he whispered, barely audible, before leaving the room.

For reinforcements I rolled two 3s, and a 6, which was followed by a 2. This meant I received two Rangers with Throwing Axes, and a Dwarf Warrior with Shield. One of the rangers replaced Flói, and the other was given a bow (using 1 Influence point).

Grór:

Túra:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This is almoost as good as watching spartacus on tv, same action and tence moments...less nudity but then aggain....not sure i want to see a naked dwarf woman.

(its not the beards i just like tall woman....does that make me a weirdo?)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

The nudity on Sparticus is the worst bit, it ruins perfectly good fighting, very nice programme though.

Anyway, I thonk when a Dwarf dies and you get a new recruitment, they shouldn't have the same name, as it unreasonable and unrelaistic (yeah there is realism in high fantasy) for them all to survive for so long. Unless they are Thorin's company of course.

Nice battle again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
The nudity on Sparticus is the worst bit, it ruins perfectly good fighting, very nice programme though.

Anyway, I thonk when a Dwarf dies and you get a new recruitment, they shouldn't have the same name, as it unreasonable and unrelaistic (yeah there is realism in high fantasy) for them all to survive for so long. Unless they are Thorin's company of course.

Nice battle again.

I agree with this. For me, it takes away from the story a little.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

@sacreddutchman:
Can't say I've ever watched Spartacus, but I'm glad your enjoying my reports
@emre43 & GothmogtheWerewolf:
Thank you both. If I had got different rolls I wouldn't have made them the same character, but for me, I think that it just shows the natural resilience of the Dwarves, and it gives them false hope that they will all survive to return to their homes, unlike Thorin & Co. and the Fellowship. Each Dwarf will probably only have one second chance though - the second time they die they might not be replaced.
Your opinion seems more valid than my reasoning, but oh well

Quote:
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Or just think of this quote, and what the Dwarves are holding onto.

Last edited by Chris GoM on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - Vantage Point
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Vantage Point

Silé led the Hunters away from the village. “We must find somewhere easy to defend,” he told them. “But it must also be a place where we can strike out from.” After a few days of travelling, the Dwarves came upon a hilltop, from which they could see for miles. Silé nodded, and the Hunters advanced upon the hill; but it seemed the Orcs had other ideas, as a warband of the creatures was also marching towards the hill.

Good (248 Points):
Silé, Khîm & Kúran; Baeli, Fári, Grór & Túra; and Ári, Nári, Flói & Lúfur
Evil (248 Points):
Orc Captain with Shield, Orc Warrior with Shield, 2 Orc Warriors with Orc Bows, & a Cave Troll; and Orc Captain with Shield, 2 Orc Warriors with Shields, 2 Orc Warriors with Orc Bows, 2 Orc Warriors with Spears & 2 Orc Warriors with Two-handed weapons

Flói swallowed visibly, before muttering, “They have a Cave Troll.” Fári and Túra moved to aim arrows at a pair of Orc archers; Túra shooting one in the gut. Nári quickly decapitated the Orc he was fighting, before it even begun to swing its heavy weapon. Silé and his guards were beaten back the Orcs, as Grór was knocked unconscious.
Silé and the Captain both gave mighty cries, and the Dwarves smashed against the Orc line, axes flying from their hands. Flói, Nári, Túra all killed Orcs with their light axes, before the Troll leapt at Túra. Túra was knocked flying by the Troll. Silé and Lúfur, now in a berserk rage, easily killed the Orc captain they were fighting, Silé growling with triumph.
Ári threw an axe into an Orc’s head, and it collapsed on the floor, its leg twitching helplessly. “For Silé!” Khîm cried, charging into the angered Troll. Nári, Ári, Baeli and Silé all carved through their enemies, like the Orcs were mere children. Three times the Trolls hammer fell, and three times Khîm avoided the blows, while Fári dodged the Captain’s blows and kill the last archer.
The Captain yanked the Trolls chain, pulling it towards Khîm. This was enough to distract it though, as Ári, Khîm and Silé all bit into its flesh with their axes, Silé giving a triumph shout as the beast collapsed onto the floor. The Hunters leapt at the Captain, surrounding it. Silé and Khîm, their axes swinging quickly, beheaded the Orc, and it fell slowly, its body limp.

Good victory – 4 Influence (total 6)
Silé increase his fight to 5/3+, Baeli increases his strength to 4, Nári is promoted to a hero and Ári gains furious charge.
The Influence points were used to buy Dwóin, Fári and Fáli throwing axes.

“Hunters, you have done well today,” Silé spoke as the Dwarves sat round the fire. “From here we can attack and defend easily, and can also make sure no enemy patrols enter friendly places, such as the village we just came from. To make sure nothing happens to any of us, we will work in small groups, and be assigned different roles. Dwóin, Fári and Fáli will be our scouts, and form our rearguard.” Dwóin nodded approval at this. “Nári, Flói and Safur will fight on our flank, as will Ári, Túra and Grór. In the centre will be Baeli, Lóni and Lúfur, with Khîm, Kúran and myself.” Silé turned to Dwóin, Fári and Fáli. “As you three have the most dangerous job, I would like to give you these throwing axes, may they serve you well.” Silé bowed, before handing them some small axes, carefully balanced for throwing. “Thank you.” Dwóin said, as the other two bowed backed.

Post subject: Re: Silé's Hunters - Orc Encampment
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Orc Encampment

Fáli, Dwóin and Fári came rushing back to the Hunters. “Where is Silé?” Dwóin asked quickly. The Dwarf rushed over. “What is it Dwóin?” Silé asked him. Dwóin nodded at Fáli to speak. “There’s an Orc camp, it looks like they plan to attack soon. They have a Dwarf banner with them; it looks like they plan to taunt us.” Silé’s face darkened, and he turned away briefly. Turning back, he said, “We will not let them keep it. Prepare for battle.”

Good (353):
Silé, Khîm & Kúran, Dwóin, Fáli & Fári, Baeli, Lóni & Lúfur, Nári, Flói & Safur and Ári, Túra & Grór
Evil (347):
Orc Captain with Shield, 3 Orc Warriors with Shields, 3 Orc Warriors with Orc Bows, 2 Orc Warriors with Two-handed weapons, 3 Orc Warriors with Spears & an Orc Warrior with Banner, and Orc Shaman on Warg, 3 Orc Warriors with Shields, 3 Orc Warriors with Orc Bows, 2 Orc Warriors with Two-handed weapons, 3 Orc Warriors with Spears & Cave Troll
Scenario – Storm the Camp

“Dwóin, do you think you can shoot the banner carrier?” Fáli asked the other Dwarf. Dwóin nodded. The Dwarves marched forwards slowly, and they heard the hissing of the Shaman as it sent the other Orcs into a fury; the Orc Archers forgetting their bows in their anger. Fáli carefully selected a target, and his arrow sped through its head, and the Orc dropped its bow even as his companions charged over him.
The Dwarves continued to march forwards, carefully forming ranks. The Orc rabble leapt forward, spurred on by the unnatural fury they were in. Fári grinned as his arrow slew an Orc. The Shaman hissed “fire you maggots,” and four arrows sped towards Lúfur. Only one managed to hit him, but was stopped by his armour.
The Dwarves fell back to join with Dwóin and the Dwarves with him, axes leaping from their hands as the Orcs rushed towards them. The Troll roared in anger as two axes thudded into it, whilst Silé threw an axe into an Orcs head.
“Charge!” yelled Silé, and the Dwarves leapt forwards, crashing through the Orcs. Two more Orcs fell to flying axes from the Dwarves. Dwóin, Ári, Baeli, Safur and Túra each killed the Orcs they were fighting, whilst Fáli was slammed into by the Warg, knocking him unconscious.
Lúfur skilfully through an axe into the stomach of an Orc, as Grór began to run towards the Orc Camp. Two of the Orcs seemed immune to the axes of the Dwarves, despite the seriousness of their wounds. Fate saved Silé from a dangerous blow to the head, as Nári and Khîm held up the Cave Troll again. It was not all good news for he Dwarves; their left flank was all but destroyed, with Ári, Fári and Safur on the ground, three Orcs also lying dead.
Grór kept running towards the camp, as the Dwarves reengaged their enemies. The Orc Shamans fury made him immune to the pain of the axe in his leg, as Dwóin leapt at him. Kúran swung his axe into an Orcs neck, avenging Ári. Baeli smashed his axe onto the head of the Orc carrying the Dwarf banner, its skull breaking as he did so. Khîm leapt forwards, to avoid the swing of the Cave Troll, his axe biting into the thick hide of its legs, and it collapsed slowly, almost as though it didn’t realise it was dying. Flói had fallen though.
The Shaman forced his Warg towards the hill, where he watched his followers attack the Dwarves. All but the last Orc archer were slain in combat, as Silé, Kúran, Nári, Khîm, Baeli and Dwóin killed their enemies.

Flói, Ári and Fáli remain injured, whilst Fári and Safur make full recoveries.
Evil victory – 2 Influence (total 2), these were spent on giving Safur throwing axes.
Silé increase his strength to 4, Dwóin gains an attack, Baeli increases his courage to 5, Fáli becomes a hero, Ári gains a wound, and Lúfur also becomes a hero.

The Dwarves burned the Orc Encampment, before picking up what remained of their gear. “We must find somewhere which we can defend, and regain provisions, before returning to our hold. Our numbers are too few for full scale attacks like that of today, but too many for small raids. I fear that if we disband, we may be killed too easily. Our strength is greater together.” Silé told the others, before turning to Safur. “Safur,” he said quietly “You will take the banner for us, and these throwing axes.” The older Dwarf handed Safur some axes and picked up the Dwarf standard for him. Safur bowed respectfully, “It would be an honour, Silé.”
After a few days of travelling their packs were almost empty, and hope was almost gone. Fáli reappeared from the other side of a river, after scouting out the area. “Come quickly Dwarves! I’ve found a ruined fort, we may be able to defend ourselves their!” Silé nodded, his face grim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next