All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

Post subject: Battle Companies Animated Bat Rep ~ Attack on EDORAS!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys!

I've just finished off the second installment of our battle companies coverage. We're trying to do something pretty innovative with the way we track the progression of my company across our league so I'd love your thoughts or feedback :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jAWJYM ... xq&index=1

Cheers guys :D

~Hasufel

Last edited by Hasufel on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Battle Companies Animated Battle Report ~ MIRKWOOD & FAN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:47 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

this pretty cool, fairplay to you
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hasufel, the thing you do with your videos is superb. I really like watching them :)

Though, I have one question. As you told, you bought with influence points all your Warrior of Rohan horses. But I think, that you can't really do that. As far as I know, it is clearly said in the rules, that you can purchase wargear that is directly available to the model (by simply cheking the options in Army book). Now, a Warrior of Rohan actaully can't get a horse as an equipment. You can of course have mounted Rohirrim, but the model would than be Rider of Rohan, not Warrior. Which you can get via promotion or as a reinforcement.

Or, am I missing something? Because I really don't see, why there would be such promotion, if you could just use influence points to buy horses :)

And I hope, there will be another video from you soon :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@Hasufel - man, your videos are really fantastic. Could watch those battle reports with the sound effects and animation all day long.

Only suggestion that I'd offer is perhaps do a quick one by one run through at either the beginning or the end of the video of each member of the company so that we can see them one at a time and see their stats and special rules. You could just use the close up just like you use when a member is injured (ex. Hasufel at 14:50 & Grimnbold at 14:57)

But again, just fantastic stuff. Hopefully others mimic your style, it's such an enjoyable watch....thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:15 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks guys :D So glad you're enjoying them :)

Klemzy, the warriors of Rohan that purchased horses have been promoted heroes, and heroes may purchase any piece of equipment that is available to any potential Rohan model who has or could join the company. Essentially heroes have access to the 'Rohan Armory' where as normal warriors are restricted to their unit entries as you correctly stated :)

The difference between buying horses for the warrior heroes and the warriors being promoted to riders of rohan and THEN becoming heroes is that they don't get Expert Rider :( so they don't get the defence bonus from shields if they have a bow and they would still count to the low limit whereas Riders do not.

Ja33, thanks buddy :D Yeah I might do a big introduction at the start of the next video now the company has gotten a bit more exciting, great idea man thanks! I could chat briefly about their stats and also any notable heroic moments in their history!

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thank you for explanation 8) I must admit, I thought about that possibility, but I didn't really kept track of your warriors how they evolved :)

Maybe a quick run through of all models like ja33 suggested would help with keeping track :)

Waiting for more :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah I really think a run through at the start of next one is such a great idea. We've got an awesome custom narrative scenario up too so it should be awesome :D I'm furiously working away on the terrain piece :D

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:27 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I just stumbled into these and I have to say "Whoa! The presentation is stellar." I especially love how each company gets a little introduction quote from the movies. It all looks so sharp and polished. Very nice work! I look forward to seeing it continued through.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:07 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks dude, glad you liked them! Our next one is early May so stay tuned for the next installment :D

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:23 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey guys!

Round three is up! We've got a sweet custom scenario for our narrative match this time with my new EDORAS board you guys might have seen :)

@ja33 thanks for the suggestion buddy, I think done a pretty decent job and running through the company, hope you like it!
ja33 wrote:
Only suggestion that I'd offer is perhaps do a quick one by one run through at either the beginning or the end of the video of each member of the company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1A8Vl ... Negxq&t=0s

Let me know what you think guys :D

~Hasufel
 Post subject: Re: Battle Companies Animated Bat Rep ~ Attack on EDORAS!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@Hasufel - congrats man, you just keep setting the bar higher and higher with these amazing video reports. The intro bit was even better than I had imagined it, and you did a great job highlighting each member of the company without it taking too long to do so.

You should think about sending these reports to the GW team, as I'm sure they'd be impressed with them, and maybe they'd even feature them on the Warhammer Community page.

Again, just great stuff man, looking forward to the next episode, hopefully coming soon !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Man, a great report :)

I am really glad that there are people like you. Thats how even players like me, that don't get the opportunity to play battle companies, can enjoy it :)

Keep those reports coming man :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks guys, I'm so glad you like them. Sometimes these style of reports get a bit of a mixed reception so it's good to know they're still working :) I think as the company is getting bigger the animation is getting more complicated and it might be worth slowing it down a tad, what are your thoughts?

Yeah a couple of people have mentioned contacting GW Community about this and my terrain but I haven't built up the nerve yet haha.

Thanks again guys, you're the best.

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
I think as the company is getting bigger the animation is getting more complicated and it might be worth slowing it down a tad, what are your thoughts?

Hmm, maybe you could at every stop of animation (when there is a kill, or somebody dies) somehow mark, where are your forces on the board and where are those from the enemy. Sometimes I just get lost during animation :)

I do realize that would mean a lot more editing for you. Which probably even now takes a few days :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:05 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@Klemzy, haha yeah that video took six full days of editing :D I do currently have a little skull popping up anytime anyone gets a kill or is killed so maybe I can include a bit more of that and give it more time.

I'll have a tweak with the next one for sure :D

~Hasufel