All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 pm

Post subject: New rules! Opinions? And questions? (i do have some ;))
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hallo everybody,

I'm glad that the new rule book for battle companies is out there. I've given myself a nice hard cover book and like most of the new rules (especially the new hero paths).

But I've got some questions also.

First one: What about the reavers in the corsair list. There's no bo'sun, so do they always have to roll for their special rule? And make it a very mutiny crew...

Second one: You may have one small and one large equipment, but... it doesn't say that you may have 2 small ones instead of one of both. It doesn't make much sense if someone can't have 2 small things with him (or her), but it can have a small one and a large one..

Third one: Special rules are worth 5 points, but if a hero has heroic resolve and march (path of the general), is that still 5 points worth in calculation, or 10?

I think I had more questions, but not writen down, so I'll be posting more when I remember them ;)

My opinion on the updated rules:
Most is better balanced, like the pointvalue of heroes (especially the special rules are now 5 points instead of 10, much more balanced I think).
The paths are really nice, I hoped to had some option to mix/cross some paths, but I understand that a strong hero (path of warrior or general) will be to strong mix with the sorcerer...
Well, only the path of the sorcerer seems not very strong to me. Magic will be anoying for your opponent, but it could be a bit stronger I think.

I will evaluate more, but I've not much time to write more today ;)
 Post subject: Re: New rules! Opinions? And questions? (i do have some ;))
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:34 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

1. I think previously the reavers counted the warbands captain for the purposes of their tests.

2. This is a small oversight I'm sure but I think that's the whole point in the backpack to allow you to have more smaller items. I'm sure it can always be housed ruled that way.

3. I would say it would cost 10 as it's two rules.
 Post subject: Re: New rules! Opinions? And questions? (i do have some ;))
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

For the corsair company, I think it's to little if only the lieutenant count as a bo'sun, especially in scenario's where you can't choose where you individual models start. On the other hand, if every hero count as a bo'sun, that can become quite 'simple'. I'm not sure of how to work with them yet.

Another question about Rohan companies:
Do the Rohirrim (warriors on horse) count toward your bow limit. You can't choose if they have a bow, they always have one. If warriors are promoted to a Rohirrim, then your bow limit can quickly become above the 33%.