All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 am

Post subject: BC Players - Melbourne, Australia - Are There Any?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:01 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ok - this is my first post in about 12 years! So much has happened in that time - kids have grown up etc. etc.

When he was younger, my son and I used to play BC as the games were short, models were few and the games had an ongoing narrative. So between OR, TLA and what WD put into their monthly magazine we got some really great stuff.

So a few weeks ago, unbidden, BC came to mind and how much I used to enjoy preparing for and playing it. So I contacted Dagorlad who kindly renewed my access to the Forum (Thanks Alan!) to look at where it (BC) was at. (Sadly it looks like TLA has gone by the by and by. (Fortunately I downloaded, and still have, most of the early BC stuff posted on TLA back around '04 to 07'). Lo and behold there's a new manual for BC (Yes! Even at $84) and there seems to be quite a bit of interest in it - especially up north in banana bender territory - well done Zorpazorp (Lachie) and crew! (By the way I am really enjoying the videos - BReps, Terrain making et al).

So... after a somewhat long winded intro and mini history I'm hoping to find that there is a similar company of BC interested players in the Melbourne area. If so I'm looking forward to the possibility of being able to play BC on a semi-regular basis. To that end either please feel free to respond to this post or send me a PM.

This Wednesday is payday and I plan to duck out to GW in Preston, purchase the BC Manual plus the 2019 June and July issues of WD to supplement it. I'm assuming that they've updated the SBG rules and that I'll also have to update my main rule book as well :sad: - the most recent one I have is the 2005 edition.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post and I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

Kalatha (Paul)

PS You may find a few interesting bits 'n' pieces in my trading post - which I must get around to updating as well! (Once I find where everything is of course :) )

Ooops! Sorry for the double post - Ringwraiths you can delete one or the 'tother if you'd like.