All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

Post subject: Baggage Train Scenario
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Decided to change this one up a little. Rather than a random piece of light object to pick up if the pony is killed or fees the battlefield, I decided to add specific items to each pony.

Rallying Horn, rope, bow and arrow (poisoned arrow or maybe upgrading a swordsman to archer), backpack or dwarven brew.

Does the attacker go for a specific reward, does the defender guard what he perceives the attacker wants the most, or is it just random?

Like I said, just some variation to the scenario.

Post subject: Re: Baggage Train Scenario
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like it. It adds more priority driven tactical decision making. Your minis and bases look great as well!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I like it! Where did you get those minis from?
And yes, it's nice to make up some own rules. To get them all as rewards seems like a lot. Maybe have a 1/6 or 1/3 change to gain it if you have it at the end. There is a change that the item is damaged in the fight, so it's nog 100% garanteed that you will get it.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I agree that to get them all would be too much. I also like the idea that some may be damaged during the battle, it would be very disheartening to grab the dwarven brew to find an arrow had pierced the keg and it had all drained out!

Honestly, I don't remember when or where I got the ponies. I still have one unpainted but I'm away from my hobby desk right now but I will look at the bottom of it when I get a chance to see it has anything on it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mapper wrote:
Honestly, I don't remember when or where I got the ponies. I still have one unpainted but I'm away from my hobby desk right now but I will look at the bottom of it when I get a chance to see it has anything on it.

Already got a chance? ;)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dwarves4thewin! - apologies. I did look at my one remaining model and there wasn't anything on the bottom to help me identify who the maker was. I did searches under pack ponies, baggage ponies, pack horses, baggage horses and couldn't find the same models. They were of made of light white medal so not as old as some in my mountain of lead. Unless they are buried under some manufacturer page I couldn't find them.

There are some nice models out there though, have you looked at wargamesfoundry?