All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

Post subject: Three Players
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Tomorrow two of my friends are coming over for some gaming, SBG. We've only done this a few times, mostly it's one on one, but every time we try to get three players to play in the same game it just doesn't work. Obviously it won't be completely fair but we want to get as close as possible. It would be very helpful to know what others have done in such situations and I would like some ideas on how to balance the games out as much as possible.
Thanks in advance.

We plan on using LOME scenarios, so ideas on how to tweak the starting positions and/or the objectives would be helpful. I also want to use a rectangular board, we have tried playing on a triangular board but it was really too small due to the table's dimensions.

I don't know if this is in the right forum, I had trouble deciding between this one or the SBG Gaming Tactics & House Rules forum. If it is in the wrong forums would one of the ring wraiths move it? Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

keep track of what order you had for priority, and write it down, this is important. Also, do not start in three of the four corners, you need to make a triangle on the rectangle board and set up in a triangle as it is unfair right from the get go otherwise. Ooh, that was an interesting sentence, hope you understood. :? :oops:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I would think something like the Take and Hold scenario would work well, since nobody starts on the board and you roll for each model. Normally if you roll a 3-4 your opponent gets to decide where the model is placed, you could just split that up between the two opponents.

You could use similar rules to Take and Hold merged into other scenarios like Domination, Seize the Prize or even Contest of Champions. Eg, Domination: each player starts by owning one landmark closer to the edge of the board, held with a hero and 1/3 or 1/2 of his models. The other models have not yet arrived. Use the Take and Hold rules for arrival. In addition, players will attempt to control some landmark in the center of the board. Outer landmarks are equidistant from the center landmark. Major victory is controlling the center and your own landmark. Minor victory is controlling two or more player landmarks, or only the center. A player has a major loss if he is wiped out or loses control of his own landmark and controls no others.

Just some ideas...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:01 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thank you for your quick replies. Using the reinforcement rules was a great idea. Thanks a lot guys, you really helped me.