All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 pm

Post subject: Dwarves to take moria BEGIN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:00 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So now we started playing the Dwarves to take moria final scenario but another player joined two.
So here is my final army:
Floi 90p.
Balin 100p.
Dwarf warriors 3c. with Balin 120p.
Dwarf warriors 3c.with captain 170p.
Dwarf archers 3c. with Floi 105p.
Dwarf archers 2 c. 70p.
king chapion 175p.
Moria expeditionaires 2c. with captain 140
Counterspell 25p.

My friend goblins:
Dryzhag 100p.
balrog 500 p.
Moria prowlers 9 c. with Dryhzag 180p.
moria goblins with bows 8c. with captain 210p.

The new opponent:
Dwimmerlaik 125p.
Tainted 125p.
Buhrud 125p.
Spectres 3 c. with Tainted 240p.
Angmar orc with shields 8 c. with dwimmerlaik 160p.
Angmar orc with bows 5 c. 100 p.
2 ghostly riders c. 120p.

We decided to use the terrain of 8'x4' from the battle of khazad dum that we have already created.
We removed the pillars and put instead rocks there.We made it like it is on page 306-307 belive me it took two weeks of hard work.
So we decided to play seize the prizes.
The 5 objectives are the big north door,the three small doors and a small precious ring of power of a dwarf at the middle of the board.
Its difficult to play 1vs1vs1 .
So we decided from where we will start from one door and could place its minis 20" from it.
So i took the south door my friend Bill with his goblins the west door and my friend George the right door with his angmar army.The game would last 10 turns.

1st round
Priority phase
As weplay three each one rolled Bill won so his choose who will play first and chose me!Then at this special game we rolled again to see who will play second and third.I didnt roll.Bill win again and decided to play last.
Move phase
Jimmy:I moved first.My warriors where in front behind king champion and then archers.Moria expeditionaires where in the left to face goblins.I moved full my warriors at font with king chmpion behind them.My moria expeditionaires where in the left moved full to and my archers too turned to right to fire at Angmar.
George:A huge rock was in the middle so i put my angmar orc archers from the left with the spectres in front while the other angmar orc with ghostly riders where from the other side.Buhrud was back from all the minis near the door.so...
Jimmy:time for break we will be back soon as we will play the whole round.

Post subject: Re: Dwarves to take moria BEGIN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:17 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

sO WE ARE ABCK AND JUST started round 1 but we have a promblem.
So we ended when i finished my move and seized the ring of power.Now its George turn.
George:First i moved my orcs warriors full but the Ghosly riders passed them with their move went for the door.The spectres went near my orcs and the archers went to shoot throught the end of the small flat.Buhrud just went to follow the archers.The at doubled catch on and the orcs moved behind the ghost but passed by spcetres for a little.
Bill:Now it was my turn.First of all was the prowlers with Balrog behind and the archers after.So i moved the Prowlers full move before i used Druzhag summoning and appear 1 giant bats compant to protect our doorand then made at double and near arriving the dwarves but the ring of power was in the control of no one now.Balrog moved behind and passed his double and come in contact with the moria expeditionaires.
My archers just went to northeast to fire at angmar.

Shoot phase:
Jimmy:So now i have to shoot a little bows to angmar archers that were a little higher.First i would shot with my 2c. archers.But i have a question read my othe rtopic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So we found the rules and continue.So i must roll 18 dices.I killed 6 orc archers with my bows.So now i fire with Floi that at the start of the round get the Orcbane rule.I rolled 27 dices and killed 13 orcs.So they drived back 2".So with one shoot i halved angmar archers.
George:Now was my turn to shootback.SO was my turn to shoot and i fired 21 arrows at Jimmy Floi archers.I sadly killed only two archers.
Bill:Now it was my turn to fire with my goblins at the Ghostly riders.Rolling 35 dices i killed just exactly the one company of Ghostly riders.

Charge phase
Jimmy:We just began the Charge phase.I first used charge with Dwarf warriors that were with Balin to attack the goblin prowlers and succed.Then i did the same with the other Dwarf warriors and come near them.Then the only left was my king champion who charged at Balrog.
George:So i charged my Spectres and because their spirit walk they attacked Floi archers from the flank.Ididnt do any other charges.

Fight phase:
Jimmy:So as i had priority i would decide which battle to resemble first.So there were 3 battles.I started with the Spectres that had attacked Floi archers.So i rolled 7 dices while George 12 dices.I killed 5 spectres while George only one archer(dwarves defense rocks).Next battle was the battle between the Goblin prowlers and my Balin warriors.I now rolled 28 dices while Bill 34.I killed 16 prowlers when Bill killed only one company of mine.Last battle was the battle between my Moria expeditionaires and my king champion.First attacked King champion and Balrog.I rolled 4 dices when Bill rolled 12 dices.Using King champion might point i was able to hit near the Balrog two times.Then i rolled at the extremely hard to kill table and luckily bringing 6+6+5 i killed just in one turn.But before it get slain it destroyed half of one of the two companies of my Moria expeditionaires.The victory at this round was for me.Bill all goblins where disordered but his bats remained still.All of Georg army became disordered too expect his archers.

So now thats how it is:Jimmy 1 objective George 1 objective Bill 1 objective

Now back at priority phase.I won priority phase and chose to begun first,then Bill won and choose to play second.

Move phase:Starting first it was the best way to hunt enemies.king champion went back to hold the door.I moved Floi from the archers to the dwarf warriors 2 c. The old Floi archers turned to afce the spectres while the others remained still to face the enemy archers.Also with this paln on my mind i have chose with Floi the spirit walk and so passing throught the other attacked the other Spectres.Back soon...

Last edited by Floi the loremaster on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Bill:With bad rolls my two formations remained disordered so they fell back the archers 7" back and the prowlers 5".
George:My basic formation the spectres remained only disordered.Then i just went to turn the Ghostly riders back to the gate and bring Buhrdur to fight.My angmar orcs warriors went on and like Buhrdur did an at double and succed.They went to help the spectres by atatcking Floi.My archers where ready to fire.

Shoot phase
Jimmy:So i start first.First i fire the first bows from the formation that Floi was at the spectres.Rolling 19 dices i killed 8 spectres leaving the else to Floi.The other bows went to orc archers.I rolled 18 dices and killed 6 orcs.the spectres would have driven back if there wasnt the orcs warriors.
George:So i fired this time again at the archers that were with Floi.I rolled 15 dices killing one dwarf.

Charge phase:Nothing

Fight phase:At the start of the fight phase George said"Heroic duel" between Dwimmerlaik and Floi.
George:I decided to help Tainted a little by send Dwimmerlaik his friend to help him.
I rolled 1+5f=6 while George rolled 4+5f=9 so Dwimmerlaik win.George rolled sadly bring a 1 end so bad this duel.
So there were only one battle this turn between Floi dwarves and the two nazgul formations.1 formation will battle the spectres and the other two the orcs.First the dwarves that had the captain fought the spectres.Rolling 8 dices i killed 6 spectres leaving only 5 finally.For me no injury.For Floi and the two other companies of dwarves i rolled 16 dices killing 6 orcs while they rolled the same amount of dices and killed no one.So victor again.
George:All my units remained disordered while Buhrud roleld a courage test to become disordered.
Bill:My archers were disordered while the prowlers steadfast and ready to return.

Jimmy:1 George:1 Bill:1

Turn 3
Priority phase:
Bill won first and choose to start first,then George decided to play second and so i remained third.

Move phase:
Bill:I rolled for the archers and they were back.So i attacked the moria expeditionaires with the prowlers while my archers were aiming at Balin.
George:Orc warriors remained disordered when Tainted used black breath to paralyse Floi.While buhrdur and the riders become well the archers become disordered too.Prefer to make someone other to hold the big door with their spirit walk the riders attacked Floi and his formation.Buhrdur with an at the double attacked dwarves archers where Floi was.
Jimmy:Last as i was just ready to fight i moved Balin at the orc warband whil the 2c.archers went to the door.King champion walking and making at the double went to Ghostly riders.

Shoot phase:
George:With my bows i fired at Balin formation 29 bows killing 2 dwarves only.
Bill:Being disordered and have fall back 5" my archers where no more useful.
Jimmy:While i wanted to fire Buhrud have just come.

Charge phase:Nothing.

Fight phase:This time Tainted called a heroic duel to save his friend.I bring 1 again while George a 5 so he won and rolled again.He rolled a 3 this time killing 3 dwarves.
Bill:So there were two fights three for exact.I first started with the one i was invovled because i wasnt in the others.My Prowlers rolled 22 dices.While moria expeditionaires only 8.Thought i destory them killing 6 and two flle in terror they killed only two goblins.
George:The one last fight was middled in two from one side my orc warriors vs Floi two comapnies and Balin comapnies and from the other the spectres and the Ghostly riders vs the Floi right company and the king chammpion.We started from the left.I rolled my one dice and nothing while Jimmy rolled 40 dices killing 22 orcs.Then at right first attacked king champion rolling 8 dices killing the one so the last fled.Then the spectres vs the dwarves.Nothing at dwarves but spectres were all dead expect Tainted who fled.

So i won again.
George:Buhrud just again pass his courage test,archers were steadfast when my warriors remained disordered.
Bill:With onset o ndismay at my two formations i lost one goblin prowler company and 3 archers company now all disordered.
Jimmy:So guys we are tired we have shcol tomorrow we will finish our game when we can.
Buy from the loremaster the ringwraith and the beastcaller!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

looks good, but...

you misinterpreted the EH2K rule: when someone rolls a 6 on the table they roll again, but this doesnt add up with the last roll. this is what should have happened: you roll the 6, so 1 wound, now roll again. you get another 6, this is a 7 with the last wound, now its 2 wounds. you roll again and get 5 and add 2, so its 7. this means that the balrog has 3 wounds, NOT DEAD (this would have had a pretty big impact on the game)
as you can see EH2K models arent that hard to kill if you dont understand the rules properly...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

We later saw this and even with this we saw that the moria expeditionaires would have kill him

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Turn 4

So we are back.
For priority we rolled and i won decide to start first.Bill won and choose second while George went third.

Move phase:
Jimmy:Balin and Floi formation where attacking at the angmar orcs when the king champion with at a double arriving Buhrud.
The archers two comapnies kept the door while the other aimed at the prowlers that were fighting with Moria dwarves.
Bill:With archers aiming at Balin i summoned with Druzhag spider brodlings 1 company that attacked moria exppeditionaires.
George:As my archers were near they aimed at king champion.I used with Taintedtransfix but it failed and black dart too.But my visions of woe made the Balin company lost 2 warriors.

Shoot phase:Jimmy:Rolling 24 dices at prowlers i killed 11 goblin prowlers.
Bill:Rolling 27 dices i killed only 1 dwarf.
George:Rolling 15 dices i did nothing.

Charge phase:-

Fight phase:As first i chosoed first to fight the angmar orcs.SO we started i rolled 34 dices.I killed 11 orcs while George rolling 23 killed one dwarf.Then the moria expeditionaires fight the prowlers and the spiderlingsRolling 8 dices i killed 5 goblins while the enemy 22 dices killing 2 of the dwarves.
The last battle was between the king champion and buhrud.Buhrud finally killed the king champion.

So have claimed the door with Buhrud George won at 4th turn as we saw it will end fast.

Opiniobs.
Jimmy:I saw your help was bit enough to hold all this armies.Thanks.I believe this helped me a lot.I believe my man of the match was KIng champion slaying ghosts and help to slay the balrog.Floi helped to hold back angmar armies while Balin killed many of the armies with his formation with his goblinbane rule.
Bill:I believe i should used my formations like Jimmy at no so big numbers each.My worst point was Balrog death by this mora expeditionaires.Druzahag helped a lot to fight the enemy even if er lost.
George:Even if i win i believe the true wiiner is Jimmy he fought so many hords and lost only around 20 dwarves and maybe less.In the future i will have my companies to smaller numbers.I believe my man of the match was Buhrdur giving me victory and slying the king champion.Bill also fight with two of us while i and George do only shoot fight maybe better he.I believe that the nazgul helped a lot and would helped more if i remembered to use their magic at the first two rounds. :roll:

Won

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:06 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ummm, the moria expeditionaries have no chance of killing the balrog, you rolled AMAZINGLY well and got 3 wounds with the kings champion, the expeditionaries have only 1c, so they MIGHT get a chance of even hurting him, in fact he could easily take on at least 3 units in your army and come out on top thanks to duels... (Dwarf warriors 3c.with captain, Dwarf archers 3c. with Floi, Moria expeditionaires 2c. with captain).
with more experience you'll see just how much it takes to bring down the balrog
(the dragon is REALLY hard to kill cause he can fly away when there is danger, has higher defense, and has more attacks on the charge.... so there isnt much left to attack him back... and thats without duels factored in)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Em but all my dices where 6 this was so lycky i was amazong so i kileld it.Also my friend though i was cheating.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:34 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ya... all ur dice were 6s, but there is a reason its called EXTREMELY hard to kill...

(and technically you were cheating cause u didnt follow the rules, but i guess you didnt understand them)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Oh tell me i hurt the balrog with 12 moria expeditionaires i roll for the first hurt 6 do+1 wound later then 6 go 7 but +1 wound later then 6 go 8 +2 wounds later then 6 goes 10 +2 wounds again 6 goes 12 +3 wounds later 6 goes 15 where the cheat?Just i rolled all dices i had striking all 6 so for the 6 the friends thought i was cheating not for the dead of Balrog.