All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

Post subject: An idea... of flags.
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:43 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I posted this on my WIP page but I might as well place it here as well. Let me know what you think of this idea that I've written up. If anything should be different, revised or doesn't make sense, etc.

Capture the Flag
The enemy has set up camp and the troops rally to the army’s banner. If it can be captured, the enemy resistance will diminish.

THE ARMIES
Choose as normal with the exception that no banners may be fielded.

LAYOUT
Two camps with a banner in the center and a watchtower to the side are set on either side of a river, which runs down the middle of the map with a small bridge in the center and a small shallow crossing in the south. A few outcrops of trees and rocks dot the field.

STARTING POSITION
Models start anywhere within 12” of their respective board edges.

INITIAL PRIORITY
Players role a D6. The highest role deploys first and has priority.

OBJECTIVES
Capture the Flag. If a model moves into base contact with the flag and spends the Fight phase without being in contact with an enemy model, he may pick up the flag and move as normal. The flag must be carried back to their own base. The first side to score 2 points wins. If the flag carrier is killed, the flag is dropped and may be carried back home. Only then is it allowed to be carried by the owning force.

SPECIAL RULES

The Flag. The flag inspires its troops as all other flags, no matter who holds it. (Even if it’s in the hands of the enemy!) The banner acts as normal but its effects extend to 6” rather than 3”. Only models on foot may carry these banners.

The Crossings. The river is swift and deep and can only be crossed at the bridge and the ford. The ford counts as difficult terrain.

Restrictions. Only core warriors and captains can carry banners. (i.e. Rohan warrior, Uruk-hai captain, etc.)

Reinforcements. As models are slain, set them aside. In the next Move phase, role a D6 for each model. See the chart for details.

Respawn Chart
1 The model does not respawn.
2-5 The model can be placed anywhere inside the base or 2” around it.
It can act normally but cannot charge.
6 Place the model as above, but the model may charge if possible.

Current Project: Ringwraiths - Haradrim - Mumakil