All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am

Post subject: Request
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:00 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hi!

Does anyone know if there was ever made a scenario that covered all the different events during the siege of Minas Tirith?

I have several of the older sourcebooks, but the siege is always split into several smaller scenarios. I'm specifically looking for a scenario where Mordor is laying siege to Minas Tirith, and after a specific number of turns the rohirrim arrive. Then, after a couple of turns, the haradrim arrive, followed by Aragorn, and his army, a few turns later.

I know someone on this forum (or someone on the TLA) posted a battle report a couple of years ago that included all of this, but I have not been able to find it.

Post subject: Re: Request
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

in the war of the ring rulebook it has a bunch of scenarios

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I had a look in the War of the Ring rulebook, but the scenario I believe you are refering to is a pelennor field scenario, and not a siege? The picture on the following page after the scenario is misleading, as it shows siege equipment, but they are, sadly, not used in the scenario. Also, I am looking for a sbg scenario, and not War of the Ring, but thanks anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

By source books, are you talking about the Journey Books; the ones that tell you how to paint the models and build all the terrain? You might just have to take all of those smaller sections and combine them all in some fashion. Sorry that I can't be of much help.

Current Project: Ringwraiths - Haradrim - Mumakil
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I dont think there was ever an offical scenario made. In the Return of the King journeybook it has rules for combining the Battle of the Pelennor scenarios into one big one but it doesnt include the siege itself. The Siege of Gondor sourcebook just has standalone scenarios.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

What I would do is combine them with certain events happening on time scales. For Example

Ride of the Rohirrum: After turn 12 the good player rolls a dice, on a 6 the Rohhirum have arrived. (This rule is from the scenario that is in the Return of the King where The Witch King is involved until this event happens) Then have the Haradrium arrive 2-3 turns after.

Army of the Dead/Fiefdoms: Maybe have the same mechanic but after turn 25.

As for special rules I would include something like:

Strength of Sauron: Each ring wraith gets a single point of free will a turn until the Rohirrum show up, additionally the forces of evil will never take break tests if the Witch-King is alive.

No where to run: For ever good soldier that dies from failing a courage test place them aside, re-test their courage at the arrival of the Rohirrum and the Army of the Dead. If this check is passed they are returned to the battle at the edge of the board. This represents hope returning to the forces of Good as help arrives.