All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

A set of Bree landers would be a change - a mix of men/women and hobbits.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:10 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Plastic Arnor would be my first choice, but I don't know how it would be handled. Don't they all have the same equipment, spears and shields? If that is the case, GW probably hasn't done this already because it would be odd selling a pack of 24 identically equipped warriors. Really, any all-metal basic warrior force should be plasticified. But most of these have the same problem as Arnor in that they lack one of the three basic equipment options: shield, spear, or bow. However, with WotR out now, what's to stop GW from changing the old 24 box set formula? I think box sets of eight are a great idea.

Unfortunately, as it is now, the price of a metal army is just too much. But I really would love to try a Battle of Fornost army... great chance for some thematic allying there!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

wibls wrote:
I think box sets of eight are a great idea.

Seriously?

I think it is a terrible idea, because you have less than a snowball's hope in hell of three 8 model plastic boxes coming in at anywhere near the price of a 24 model box.

In all likelihood, if they did go down that road, you'd probably be looking at close to £10 a box...

Look at the Empire Army for Warhammer to see how that idea worked out.

Originally, the 20 man box of Empire Soldiers was £18 (although, I'm old enough to remember it being released for £10...)

Now, State Troops are £12 for ten. Archers are £15 for 10. Greatswords are £25 for ten...

Not a good idea at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:37 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

[quote="TheBucklandBrewer"]Plastic Dol Amroth would be nice... and a good opportunity to reshape the helmets so the wind wouldn't blow them off their horses anymore...

I totally agree with you.. I always loved Dol Amroth but they are just to expensive to build an army of it, so a plastic set of these guys would be great! :D :yay:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Plastic hobbits.

Immagine a horde of charging Hobbits assaulting into the phlanxes of the Uruk-Hai's!

Or plastic Khazad Guards... I was thinking of making a 1000pts dwarven army, and 2 points more for 4 strength and having both 2h and 1h (lack of shield already fixed by their heavier armors) - Immagine almost a hundred Khazad Guards and a lord which they all are Bodyguarding, keeping him in the back - Fearless, high-skill almost unkillable!

Besides, already with 20 dwarves (before plastics were released) could easily kill twice their points in Uruk-Hai's or Goblins for me. The Uruk-Hai Phalanx was attacked from all sides, and then crushed. in 3 turns the entire phalanx was destroyed with minor dwarven casualties.