All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm

Post subject: TLA Still Down...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:16 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sorry to make a 3rd post about this topic just wondering if Hith or anyone has had any luck with finding a solution to the current problem.

at the moment when trying to access the site you now get a message saying

*If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.*

which never looks good.

like i say sorry to make another thread about this, feel free to lock delete etc if any Mod's feel it is neccersary.

Beaner
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:46 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Beaner, I like you am a fellow exile,

Hithero (aka our hero) intends to keep trying to contact Mith for a few more days to get the passwords and account details from him. However, unless Mith co-operates there is little anyone can do.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Well, Alans going to do tech-work and possibly rehost it, John at Spectre Hobbies has kindly offered to help finance it, but Mith has yet to hand over the passwords, so until that happens TLA will slowly die.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

That would be an awful waste. All that information and expert advice disappearing like that...and all because of one person. Some people have no shame.

mallysminiatures.blogspot.co.uk
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, the wheel's are in motion to get it back up and running again, as Dave says.

Apparently Mithaearon has been far too busy this weekend to send me an email with the login information (his Facebook page explains what he's been doing all weekend).

I should also point out that Dave is still the Leader on TLA, I won't have anything to do with the day-to-day running of the site except to make sure it doesn't break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'll be wearing my TLA shirt at this weekend's Warhammer World event. Will it be a wake for TLA or a celebration of all that's gone before or simply another chapter in TLA's history? Dunno. I aim to have some LOTR fun with the TLA guys and OR folks and random strangers.

TLA may be struggling but our main focus should be on keeping the hobby as a whole alive. Continued interest in SBG and WOTR could help TLA and the other sites in the long run.

Respect and best wishes to all of those involved in the salvage attempt!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

It is great to hear that people have not sat idle whilst the website has been down.
And best of luck with the attempts to get passwords. it would be great if you could keep us upto date but dont feel obliged as i know you all live very busy lives!

Beaner
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I feel lost without it lol, I used to sit and try and figure out new tactics or read peoples old tactics but now my interest for the hobby is slowly dying because I have nothing to inspire me (no offence to the great members of OR but I joined TLA when I first started the hobby so)

Oh btw I'm/was harad all the way on TLA

Easy
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:24 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Is there any way that we can notified when TLA comes back on line? I'm beginning to get tired of checking day after day only to be discouraged once more. Best of luck to those who are working on this problem, I only wish I could do more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

We'll make an announcement here and at The Palantir, as well as making a news item at www.tabletopgamingnews.com and www.theminiaturespage.com, plus wherever else we can find to post.

I have no idea if there is a general mail-out feature in the bowels of TLA's code, but if there is then I expect Hithero will do something like that. If there isn't, then I can do one here.

Whatever happens, it is going to take several days for the whole site to be restored somewhere else, so don't expect anything magical in the next few days.

But watch this space!

We all want TLA to survive and Dave is tearing out what little hair he has left to try to get it back again, but it looks like it's going to happen eventually, so hang in there guys.