All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:49 pm

Post subject: Black Rider
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi did GW create a seperate Black rider and horse one that wasn't part a combined mold as the horse. I'm looking for one to go on a fell beast
 Post subject: Re: Black Rider
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

IanPlant wrote:
Hi did GW create a seperate Black rider and horse one that wasn't part a combined mold as the horse. I'm looking for one to go on a fell beast

No.

At least not as part of any release since the New Line Licence. I'm not sure if they did so before that during the '80's.

The only seperate Ringwraith is the one that comes in the Fellbeast box, so you'd either need to track one of them down, possibly from someone who has put a named Wraith on their FB, or get a standard foot Wraith, saw him in half, and sculpt his lower robes back around the saddle.

Post subject: Re: Black Rider
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:17 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

gaarew wrote:
At least not as part of any release since the New Line Licence. I'm not sure if they did so before that during the '80's.

The only seperate Ringwraith is the one that comes in the Fellbeast box, so you'd either need to track one of them down, possibly from someone who has put a named Wraith on their FB, or get a standard foot Wraith, saw him in half, and sculpt his lower robes back around the saddle.

Thank you for that gaarew I have the WK rider that comes with FB. I could cut WK and a normal ringwraith in half and swap bits :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:28 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

No worries.

If you have the WK and don't plan on usuing him, that's probably the best idea, as you will only need to do some minor work to blend the robes.

Otherwise...

Rather than having to sculpt the entire bottom half of the body, take the torso from one model, then either saw down through the middle of the lower body and hollow out the insides so that it fits comfortably over the saddle, or just chop off the feet so stick onto the bottom of greenstuffed robes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

After reading your post I've had a look at WK and to remove the crown would be easy enough to do then all I have to do is remove mace and maybe add weapon or move the arm into a different position