All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

Post subject: Will there be store shelf space for LOTR?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Went to my local hobby store to inquire about them carrying the new LOTR packages - all I got was a blank stare.

The original LOTR figures never sold well enough after the movies, they had to put them at 50% off to clear the shelves. (thank you very much, acquired some extra sets that way)

They gave up on the Hobbit figures after the first set that I think they had to take - again, drastic discounts.

As stated at the hobby store, GW is putting out a lot of stuff right now - Kill Teams (with great terrain), Necromunda, Shadespeare, more Sigmar and Warhammer 40k, etc. They are having a hard time finding store shelf space for items that sell, much less for things that they couldn't sell before. This store recently got rid of their Bolt Action section, stating that people who played it already had what they needed.

Need to see if they will order for me (at a discount) since at least it is GW and not Forgeworld.

On a related note - GW is pushing the Battle of Pelennor fields but yet on the US website the Murmak is sold out online and no longer available.

Post subject: Re: Will there be store shelf space for LOTR?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Could be. They are certainly bringing Middle-earth products back to stores, but whether they will be recommended or indeed compulsory purchases I do not know. GW stores will likely carry a few things, independent stores do of course have more freedom there.

Mapper wrote:
On a related note - GW is pushing the Battle of Pelennor fields but yet on the US website the Murmak is sold out online and no longer available.
This is because it, with various other sets, will be repackaged (no different contents, just a new box). They will have sold out of the old-style kit, while as yet unable to sell the new one - should be back in a few weeks with the release of the new edition.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:58 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

My local independent still no nothing about the re-releases and box set. They will order it in but not sure if they will give it shelf space.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:15 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I fear my local store also won't be carrying them. I have contacted them a few times about if they would order it but they were unaware there was even going to be a release. I guess I will just have to order it online which is disappointing because I want to see more people involved in the game!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think I'm in the same boat with the independent stores around here. Luckily I have a great GW store to get it from. Pre-order on the 25!

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I recently was in York ,UK. Vsited the GW store there expressly to spend my hard earned cash on Middle Earth goodies but not a thing was available. Not even any display models. I’m not sure the staff even knew what Middle Earth was when I asked them . Quite disapointed really . How are they expecting people to get into the game if they can’t even see it in the shop?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yup, local game stores don't carry it. Local Games Workshop had Battle of Pellenor Fields by the cash register the first week it came out, pushed back to a corner later, now you have to ask as he usually keeps his stock in the back.

Been buying off of Amazon, usually 10+% off. Not much but I don't have to do a minimum order to have it shipped to my house.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:55 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I am in the US(North East), and we have shelves for the game.