no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
yes on the hobbit, no on the chrildren of hurin 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: the children of hurin movie and the hobbit movie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:00 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

:gandalf: the hobbit
latly new line cinama has settled the trial against peter jackson wich means he will direct the hobbit coming out suposably in 2009 and ian mekelon and the guy that will be playing bilbo will also in the movie

:aragorn: now the children of hurin might becom a movie for it stund readers and is an epic tale. some people are wrighting a screen play for it and new line will probale exept the screen play and probly peater jaction migh also be direction that one in the near feauture. lets just hope they dont screw the movie up

if u learn more or u just whant to drop a line feel free
and what u think might happens with the movies

one ring to rule them all and bring them all in to spite :sauron:

GAMERS HAVEN
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I'd be suprised if the hobbit wasn't made into a movie because its such a famous book, and the prequal to lotr.

i'd be even more suprised if the children of hurin wAS made into a film, its not as well known so most audiences quite frankly wouldn't give a damn, and it would only be seen or cared about by the hardcore "tokenites" who would want the other books to be made into the movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

well some movies arnt supposed to be made in to movies
but the chilrdren of hurin would make a ok movies its just if peater jackson directs it
the movie would have some back bone because the lord of the rings but i still wander how there going to make a movie out of it

GAMERS HAVEN
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The Children of Hurin will not, and cannot, be made into a movie. It is a tale from the First Age, and so the Tolkien family still have the rights to it and will not let it become a film. And it would be very surpirising if a Children of Hurin film was made and not a Silmarillion film. After all, the Children of Hurin is really an expansion on a part of the Silmarillion.
And i dont want the Children of Hurin to be made into a film. I dont want any of the stories from the First Age to become films, as i love them and cannot see them being given enough justice on screen, even if made by Jackson and Co. And there are some elments of Tolkiens writings that i want to remain mythic, and remain only in the written world, and the stories of the First Age are some of the greatest and most legendary writing Tolkien ever wrote.

However i do want a Hobbit to be made, but only if it was made by Jackson and Co. and had Ian Mckellen and Ian Holm starring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:43 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

well they do have the rights to the book but the book is also said to be unfilmable like the lord of the rings.

but some books should stay epic clasics

GAMERS HAVEN
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:19 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

Peter Jackson made a lot of statements about what could be done, and moreso what could not be done in terms of The Lord of the Rings films, with regards to filmography !!

I guess along with me, a lot of true believers in Tolkiens work were delighted with the films, but alas...disappointed with everything that was missed out ! Yes Tom Bomb is a very mysterious figure, and somewhat does not fit into Middle-earth, but thats his character and makes the books all that more interesting (god I love conspiracy theories). If in my opinion this was a great chapter in the books !!! and in all honesty, I cant understand why he was not adapted into the films ? I believe the real reason was the length of film, I mean, the extended versions so far are 15 hours !!! Does Pete not understand ? who gives a [word deleted], WE WANT MORE ( ring in sick for work for 2 days as we need to watch this ).

With regards to The Hobbit, it will happen, no doubt in my mind, and even people who have not read the book, will love it, but after reading The Children of Hurin, this is where the more Hardcore Tolkien fans appear, and to be honest ( and I will pay you all £500 each via Dagorlads PayPal account if it comes off), a film will never happen ! Purely because to story is, well 'too flimsy' !!! On film, the story would be told within 30 - 40 miniutes !

Now the story of DurinsBane -V- Dagorlad is an epic tale !!! but alas, a tale that will never be told !!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:27 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I voted for both of course!
Heck! Make 100 Tolkien movies and I'll definetelly watch them all!

I think The Hobbit will come, sooner or later. Sure, maybe without PJ or the same actors from LOTR (shame aint it?) but it will happen.

I havent read Children of Hurin yet, but I know the story from the other previous books. Been a while since I read them the last time, but I always thought there is material enough to make a movie. A great movie actually! :D

Now, what I really really really would love to see, is the rest of Silmarillion and the Unfinished tales... Now that would be epic cinema!
Epic nightmares for the script writers too of course... Specially when they are on strike! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:18 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

Sorry Mac, had to delete your 'additional' part about 40K, as it led to '2' further responses that took the thread 'Off Topic' (which have also been deleted).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I've read the chapters in the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, but not the actual book The Children of Hurin (since it's just a rehash of the other two sources). I don't think the story would be easy to do as a movie though because you need to understand the whole back story and it's extremely complex and very subtle.

The Dagorlad v DurinsBane story has been told in allegorical form already - Rocky III (guess which one of us was played by Mr T)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:49 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I would not describe CoH as a rehash...

Yes, it would be very hard to make a good film of but I don't doubt there are those who could do it well. It would have to be part of the seem "world" as LOTR but with a very different feel to it.

But it is so "detached", like an epic poem, that it would not do well with modern audiences unless drastically adjusted.