All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:11 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Edraitheru wrote:
Rohan is supposed to be in earthly colors because they are a blend between Saxons and Horse Nomads the one expection is Erkenbrand's shield which is red and the horse hair in their helms which is gold also horses are not black in Rohan as Mordor steals them for the Black Riders to use.

I don't think Mordor would steal all the black horses. It wouldn't be that easy to get every black horse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Erurainon the Trombonist wrote:
Edraitheru wrote:
Rohan is supposed to be in earthly colors because they are a blend between Saxons and Horse Nomads the one expection is Erkenbrand's shield which is red and the horse hair in their helms which is gold also horses are not black in Rohan as Mordor steals them for the Black Riders to use.

I don't think Mordor would steal all the black horses. It wouldn't be that easy to get every black horse.

(To be boringly pedantic) Eomer does say , "...few of these are now left". So, being boringly pedantic, I only painted 1 of my 20 Riders on a black horse. Three Guards on greys and the rest on chestnuts or bays. It also helps them stand out against the grey-mounted Southrons and the black-mounted Morgul Horse.

But I do so hate painting horses, and being presented with 16 variations on mud-brown horse, topped with mud-green Riders, wasn't my favourite painting project.

Edited once for fat-finger-syndrome.