All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm

Post subject: Disney sucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:43 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

RANT

I'm probably too old for this, but I'm really a fan of the Clone Wars animated show. Granted, not all the story arcs were great, some were downright terrible, but quite a few, especially the last of season 5, were totally awesome. Great characters and their development, sad endings, urbane and civilized evil, gritty visualizations of worlds, incredible art, terrific voice acting...
And even the bad episodes at least gave you eye-candy.

And Disney killed it. Even though season 6 was already produced, apparently the show was too expensive to make (though Lucas never seemed to mind)...or they didn't want it to take away attention from E7...or they didn't like that it was licensed to Time Warner and Cartoon Network...or...or, they suck.

Now granted, the time was nearing for it to end, since in the timeline was approaching Order 66, but still...season 6 is already made.
And granted 2, apparently they'll be making some of the season 6 episodes available in the future *somehow* :roll: , but still...season 6 is already made!

Corporations take the passion out of everything. Only when they're run directly by people like Steve Jobs or George Lucas do they fulfill their potential for anything other than mediocrity. And we only get a few of those people a century.

/RANT
 Post subject: Re: Disney sucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

oh what, i really liked season 5 aswell, before that there were those crapy episodes though, can't believe they're not gonna actually finish the serries properly.

DISNEY SUCKS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I read about that this morning on IGN and thought it to be rather mindless and harsh, too... Maybe a straight-to-DVD release?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I feel that I am unable to communicate my annoyance and disgust with the removal of a great product with civilised language appropriate for this forum! Especially as it will leave the core relationship unresolved! I personally felt some of the Clone Wars episode such as the Holocron Heist were superior to the later films, and nits a crying shame to see it scuppered!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:17 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Bilbo wrote:
I personally felt some of the Clone Wars episode such as the Holocron Heist were superior to the later films, and nits a crying shame to see it scuppered!

Funny, I agree. TCW has so many interesting story arcs and characters, that watching even E3 (which I like) now seems somewhat flat and limited.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Disney doesnt suck! They gave us the Lion King :D just some of their decisions suck.

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I haven't been this annoyed since Star Wars Battle Front III got canned!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

There's talk it might not be entirely dead... There's supposed to be a star wars battlefield-like shooter (without vehicles and jedi; 8 rebels vs 8 stormtroopers) coming out on Xbox Live soon, which, if the response is good, could perhaps pave the way for BF3 based on the unreal engine :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I can't understand why the best selling Star Wars game of all time has not been resurrected or effectively reinvented by another company!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Actually, the director of clone wars released a video on youtube stating thye show was NOT dead, and it still had alot of life left in it. I reckon we might be seeing series 6 come out on netflix or something similar soon.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I never got why they gave padme a lisp though, I find her to be really annoying in the clone wars, which I didn't find was the case with natalie portman :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Wait, they've cancelled the airing of a show they've already made? I guess it's something to do with the fact that they want audiences to suffer from Star Wars Withdrawal Symptoms (symptoms include being incredibly inaccurate at anything involving a target and pretending that any long tube is a lightsaber) for about a year, so they get hooked straightaway on the new films coming out soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Monotone_Matt wrote:
There's talk it might not be entirely dead... There's supposed to be a star wars battlefield-like shooter (without vehicles and jedi; 8 rebels vs 8 stormtroopers) coming out on Xbox Live soon, which, if the response is good, could perhaps pave the way for BF3 based on the unreal engine :)

A "battlefield-like shooter" with just "8 vs 8" players is an Oxymoron. It should be at least 12 vs 12 before you can even begin to compare it to Battlefield (and on PC, 32 vs 32).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Ondoher he probably just means squad based with tactical depth when he compares it battlefield (to me sounds more like Halo).

@Grungehog it is impossible for anyone to find Natalie Portman annoying
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

King Ondoher wrote:
A "battlefield-like shooter" with just "8 vs 8" players is an Oxymoron. It should be at least 12 vs 12 before you can even begin to compare it to Battlefield (and on PC, 32 vs 32).

I'm just writing what I read on kotaku and IGN and hey, 8 v 8 is a lot better than 0 v 0, what we have now...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Wow, really? Of course they aren't going to air the last season on Cartoon Network when the rights to the show are now in the hands of Disney, who happens to own their own channel, that also happens to be a primary competitor with Cartoon Network.

And Steve Jobs and George Lucas are two of the worst examples you possibly could have used. Steve Jobs did NOT run Apple, he was their "creative design" guy. He sold all of his Apple stock in the '80s and didn't have anything to do with Apple til the late 90's. All he did was make the Macs and IPods look good, nothing else. As for Lucas, HE sold the rights to Disney, which means that he had a hand in whatever deal/decision was made about season 6. It's the only original content being added to the Star Wars Universe, and thus would most likely have warrented it's own section of whatever contract he made with Disney. He also licensed the living daylights out of his franchise. Not saying that's bad, but a LOT of the stuff produced with the Star Wars label has been less than mediocre.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Draugluin wrote:
He [George Lucas] also licensed the living daylights out of his franchise. Not saying that's bad, but a LOT of the stuff produced with the Star Wars label has been less than mediocre.

Star Wars kinect comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXp8T097vjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-BGYxHbfwU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Furthermore, Disney was a part of Pirates of the carribean, and hasn't done ANYTHING wrong when it comes to Marvel so far. That and the fact that people were annoyed with whatever chenges happened to star wars, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before Disney had anything to do with it.

So yeah, Disney makes strange, perhaps greedy decisions, but they don't 'suck'. Alot of good stuff came from their stables so to speak.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Disney had Pixar for quite a while. Aquiring them was a smart move, their movies are great.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I have more faith in Disney getting it right than George Lucas, does anyone remember the dialogue from the Padme/Aniken love scene? Also of particular annoyance is a Jedi Knight answering to the name of Annie!