All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Self made Collectors' Guide
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I think I found an issue with the numbering of sculpt variations of generic minis (warriors and riders, that type of 'rank and file' troopers):

1. Under the Gondor - Warriors' section, there are two sculpts for the Fountain Court Guard, but both have the number '1', while I presume it should be '1' and '2'.

2. I found similar numbering mistakes on the 'Harad - Warriors' page 10.70, they're all numbered '1 of 12', rather than '1 of 12', '2 of 12', etc.
    Same goes for the Haradrim Raiders II on the page before.

3. Ditto for the Moria Goblin Drummers on page 11.34.

4. Ditto for the Mordor Orcs on page 11.28.

EDIT: the more I go through my inventory and the guide, the more '1ofx' I see, so I'm guessing this is in fact intentional. But I'm wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to number each sculpt individually (1of12, 2of12, etc.) so that it's unequivocally clear which exact sculpt belongs to which 'number' and name. I for instance am tracking every single sculpt in my own database, linking it to their counterpart in the guide. If all 12 names of a series are identical, it becomes impossible to create this unique link, without attributing specific numbers to each sculpt myself and writing them in the guide by hand.
A few 'lists' in the guide seem to follow this logic, with individual numbering, but many use the '1ofx' label.

Some other potential mistakes/omissions:

1. Page 9.5, Merry's entry for the Mines of Moria set is mistakenly named 'Fellowship of the Ring' rather than 'Merry'.

2. On page 7.7, the 4 Knights of Rivendell could use numbering (1of4, 2of4, etc.). They are currently listed as all 4 having the exact same name, which is unusual.

3. Faramir is listed as 'Mounted' in one of his sculpts on page 10.24, while it is in fact the 'on Foot' model.

4. On page 9.5 and 9.6, there is a single listing for Pippin and Merry on top of Treebeard, but there are 2 distinct sculpts of Treebeard (which are separately listed under Ents), with each time 2 distinct sculpts of the hobbits. So I would expect 2 sculpts of 'Pippin' and of 'Merry' on Treebeard in each of their sections.

5. Should the Mumak War Leader on page 10.73 also not be included in the Far Harad list (which starts on page 10.75)? Now it is included in the Harad list, where the regular Mumakil resides, but from the army lists in the Gondor at War book he seems to be only viable in the Far Harad army list.

6. On the 'Death of Gothmog' diorama set, there is also an unnamed Orc (Morannon Orc?). He is currently not listed in the guide, contrary to Gothmog/Eowyn/Aragorn/Gimli. But the set comes with individual bases to use in stead of the scenic base, I think theoretically that Orc can also be considered as an 'individual' sculpt to be included in the guide. His sculpt is unique I think, not included in any other set.

7. I'm also wondering why the Moria Blackshields are listed under the Gundabad Orcs & Goblins (page 11.3 and 11.4), rather than Moria. Is there a specific reason for this, as they are normally part of the Moria army list?

If there's any way in which I can help make this overview of (potential) corrections easier for you to integrate, please let me know!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:24 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi,

I'm looking forward to the next update. I even had this PDF printed in a book to manage my collection :).

If you ever need any help updating this I'm capable and willing to assist. :gandalf:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Anyone able to supply such a guide in Excel format (I'd like to catalogue my figures - too many to start afresh I fear)........?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:26 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Redman wrote:
Anyone able to supply such a guide in Excel format (I'd like to catalogue my figures - too many to start afresh I fear)........?

I made one from scratch myself (twice), as I couldn’t find any that suited me. I’m more a collector than army builder, so my main focus was logging the models with ‘collection’ info (like is it resin/plastic/metal, is it mint/wip/painted, etc). I combine it with a paper printout of the collectors guide, as I like the physical feel and because of the images, adding those to excel would be hell. My table uses the collector’s guide section references as well, and combines it with profile info from the official manuals.

It isn’t something I could just upload here though, I’d have to write some tutorial/readme for people to know how to use it/fill it in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:02 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi, I was wondering when version 9.3 will be released? Does anyone know if Miniman is still active on this project? Thank you.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Bayern wrote:
Hi, I was wondering when version 9.3 will be released? Does anyone know if Miniman is still active on this project? Thank you.

Hi Bayern,

I am on the project, but I'm struggling with my life.
I need some time to make it.

Thank you for asking it!
Miniman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:26 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi Miniman, thank you for your return. I wish you all the best to recover in your life. I hope it will get better soon ! :) have a lovely day
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:59 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Definitely interested myself in an update of the guide, just to let you know your efforts have been and are appreciated.

But take care of yourself first, life can be tough. If the community can help in any way (with the guide or otherwise), let us know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Errandir wrote:
Definitely interested myself in an update of the guide, just to let you know your efforts have been and are appreciated.

But take care of yourself first, life can be tough. If the community can help in any way (with the guide or otherwise), let us know.

Thank you for your kind words! ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18