All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm

Post subject: Which elf is this?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:03 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I bought this model on Ebay, it's a Games workshop sculpt for the defunct Sabertooth Games Lord of the Rings TMG (Combat Hex). This figure wasn't released commercially, but I was wondering which character it was supposed to be? It might not be a character from the movies, as a few that I have are from an unreleased wave after Return of the King.

Any ideas as to who it is, is there a SBG model that looks like this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 Post subject: Re: Which elf is this?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:38 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looks like it could be Cirdan? Kind of looks like the model in SBG but also like the one in the movies. In the movies you can see him in the opening scene of FotR, and also in the Grey Havens scene.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:15 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Most likely Cirdan (like Lord of Edoras said) or Celeborn.

Besides that maybe Lindir but seeing as you said most likely from after Return of the King I doubt that one. Also could be Elrond, I don't think so but just wanted to mention it. The two above are the most likely I'd guess.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:20 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I was just studying the unofficial LOTR collector's guide, and trying to judge from his face, I'd say that mini, if it is definately LoTR is most likely Cirdan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thank you all so much for researching this, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking it might be Cirdan or potentially a Rivendell Elf, and I agree the face does have a resemblance.

The other Combat Hex masters I have are variations on GW models at different sizes such as Tom, Goldberry etc but this wasn't similar to anything out there in the SBG range.

The Radagast model is also different from the old SBG casting (I took a photo of that one too), a different pose, but similar beard, braid and outfit (not cargo pants Radagast from the movies) and wielding a staff in two hands (not pictured) I believe these Combat Hex models represent an alternate reality of the Strategy Battle range as these look to have been sculpted at the same time, but not selected for commercial release.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.