All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 am

Post subject: Backpacks, bedrolls, pouches on sale
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:11 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I wasn't going to get the new backpacks from Victoria Miniatures until I saw that they now had banners which I had to try.

So, another order later....

The backpacks work well with LOTR figures and more customization for Frostgrave figures.

The cloaks I had for awhile but haven't really tried on anything since they were too long for dwarfs. But again, with some greenstuff blending they would work well on LOTR and Frostgrave.

The banners with their arms and hands and thickness of the pole are suited better for heroic 28mm figures but I trimmed the arms off a Morannon orc and it seemed to work well with him. Can always use the banner part itself and attach to something thinner for other LOTR figures.

Gondor with backpacks and cloaks - suitable for patrolling the border between Gondor and Harad.

Morannon Orc with banner

Frostgrave soldiers with banner, backpack and cloak

Last edited by Mapper on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Backpacks, cloaks and banners
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Would those bedrolls fit on horses? Behind the saddle?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:00 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The backpack and bedroll are one piece, but with a sharp knife should be able to separate no problem. The bedroll is curved and just doing a dry fit on a horse it seemed to work ok, depending on the horse might have to do some either shaving or greenstuff to make it look right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I agree that the banner looks better on the Frostgrave minis. I've been meaning to order some of those backpacks and cloaks. I have a thing for capes, and I thought the backpacks would work well for WoTR to distinguish the Moria Expedition dwarves.

I used Fireforge Templars on foot for my Dol Amroth solders that fight the evil men of the east. I thought the WoMT would die of heatstroke in their armour. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for the notice, I found lots of neat stuff at that website, I hadn't known it existed before. The cloaks are particularly tempting.
 Post subject: Re: Backpacks, cloaks and banners - update
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Just placed some victoria miniatures cloaks on my Knights of Minas Tirith - they would need some trimming to fit right, maybe some other time.

As you can see, it depends on which cloak and what the horses tail is doing, but with a little bit of work should work.

Several others have suggested Fireforge Templars and their cloaks - http://hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?c ... 52013-1-19 for example.

Bringing over another picture from another post:

I have found Victoria Miniatures in Australia quite useful for backpacks, etc. Besides the backpacks; look under her weapons and gear at victorian ammo pouches, bread bags, small ammo pouches and even the chem tank backpacks - I modified those for bedrolls. I had bought the shovels and picks thinking I could use them for my dwarves, but they were too large for the figures but worked well as terrain debris.

The bits stores on Ebay are useful, or maybe your local hobby store or gaming club has a bits bin that might have something to add to your figures. The coiled ropes from the Frostgrave Soldiers set works well as also.

Post subject: Re: Backpacks, cloaks and banners - update
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:53 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Great finds!
 Post subject: Backpacks, bedrolls, pouches on sale
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:07 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Victoria Miniatures is having their 10% off sale through Monday. Great place to pick up small pouches/bags and backpacks with bedrolls to outfit your Moria expedition or to add to figures to make them more unique.

https://victoriaminiatures.com/collecti ... s-and-gear