PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

As above Use mainly gw paints. trying to think up paint schemes
 Post subject: Re: advice re painting iron hills dwarfs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You could try orange and dark steel. There is a necron army one of the GW designers plays in this scheme. Looks really cool actually. They featured it in one of the little weekly White Dwarfs a year or so ago. You should be able to find pictures online. If not, you can try contacting the WD editors. They've responded to a few of my emails over the years.

I also really like the minty green scheme that was used on the original dwarven armies. The paint scheme for these guys in in Khazad-Dum, though that book is now OOP.

Mine are going to be teal/turquoise. WD weekly had an article on painting Thranquol and Ripper (Skaven) and I really liked the armour. It was done in stegadon scale green and and worked up to a green grey. I do my underground bases in a Space Wolves Blue scheme, which contrasts lovely with all the gold, especially in the Khazad Guard and the red on Moria goblins. SBG magazine also has a really nice Thror tutorial where he is done in turquoise, a scheme I thought would look good on an army.

Iron Hills is traditionally thought of as a poorer kingdom, so maybe less gold and more silver armour. Space Wolves scheme robes might look great if you choose not to base that way, kind of a natural camo towards slate.

Post subject: Re: advice re painting iron hills dwarfs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

crafts man reply and advice was great the best out of it is that you ask kinsman u should go browsing some images at the internet and for the colors of it must be with its character on the games checkout on others try to ask for more have a nice day