All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

Post subject: Plated Armor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:16 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've recently started working a new project based on the Northern houses from Westeros. Now, since Fireforge has some excellent Stark models, I won't have to worry about them. I also found some models that resemble the 'armor' of house Karstark. What I'm still looking for at the moment are models that resemble the armor of house Umber. In the series, they are wearing plated armor (armor comprised of small metal or leather plates).

However, I've still not managed to find any models that properly resemble this. The Stark armor is done vertically instead of horizontally and has pads that are just a little too big. That's why I was wondering if you would know of any models that come with plated armor, preferably plastic ones?
 Post subject: Re: Plated Armor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If you have not seen this thread then I recommend it for all Game of Thrones wargames figures. This chap (AKULA) has done a fantastic job on his collection:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=113100.675

He uses Claymore Castings figures not exactly what you are looking for but close:
https://claymorecastings.co.uk/new.claymorecastings.co.uk/product-category/figures/infantry-billmen/
and
https://claymorecastings.co.uk/new.claymorecastings.co.uk/product-category/figures/infantry-billmen/
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for bringing the thread to my attention, it's an absolute gem! As for the miniatures, I do really like the look of the armor. Seem to be metal miniatures if I'm right though? In that case I'll probably look for an alternative since I really prefer working with plastic or resin when doing conversions.

I think I might have actually found another option. The Dwarf Crossbowmen from Fireforge that are about to be released actually have armor that looks surprisingly alike. Now there is of course the problem of them being dwarfs, but from the size comparisons I've seen a simple leg swap should do the trick:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:57 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

How about Perry Miniatures Agincourt French Infantry?

some of the Fireforge Scandinavians look possibles
and Russians