All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:50 am

Post subject: Posting Pictures!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:19 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hello everybody! If you are reading this and you are new to the site, then Welcome to The One Ring, the most freindly place on Earth!

I have realised that there are a lot of people around the site who either don't know how to post pictures or who have troubles posting pictures. Hopefully if you read through this post it can help those people to do just that!

So, enough talk, here we go.

Uploading a Picture to an ImageHosting site

The First thing that you'll need to do when Uploading a Picture to your posts on the forums will be to get the pictures you want uploaded to an ImageHosting website.

I have listed the 2 Main ImageHosting websites earlier on in this thread. However for the means of Demonstration I will be using Photobucket as It's my favourite of the two (although by all means not the best as many people prefer ImageShack instead).

First you will obviously need to get an account. Once this is sorted you can then start to Upload Pictures.

Next Click on the 'Choose Files' button and then select whichever Files you would like to upload to the ImageHosting website.

Now Press the 'Open' button and this will then go on to upload your picture. This will take a few seconds, after that your screen should look like this:

Now go back to your Album and you will see that picture now uploaded with the links needed to add it to your post. The link needed to show the picture in the post is highlighted below:

(note that ImageShack will give you the same sort of link as this with the [IMG] Tags. ImageShack also gives you another available option in which it will show a Thumbnail of the selected Picture which Links to the larger picture. I myself don't like this way which is one of the reasons I prefer Photobucket - but... it's a matter of opinion)

Adding the Picture to your posts

Now I will show you how to add the pictures you have just uploaded to the Hosting site into your posts.

Firstly you should copy the [IMG] Tag link highlighted in the last picture and paste it into your 'Post a Reply' form.

Next you can do other things with the Picture (NOTE - this is optional and not overly important)

For example I wanted mine in the Center of the Post so I added the Center Tag

Now Preview your post to check that everything is working well and if so press Submit. And there you go, your post now has a Picture in it :wink:

Preview:

Please remember that when Writing an Article you Must Not use this way of Uploading Pictures! The same goes for when adding Pictures to your Gallery. For Help with these and other things to do with the Website see these Threads and Articles by other One Ring Members:

Thank you very much for reading this and if there is anybody who needs further help with this then please, drop me a PM and I will do my best to help you out.

Hope this has helped,

Jake.

Post subject: Guide
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:29 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thank you for the guide. I will refer to it when I need it! in fact I am book marking this page so I can go back to it whenever I need to. Thanks again, If I had any gold I would donate it to you. Unfortunately I am a little broke. :) Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:51 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Glad it helped. Good idea to Bookmark it actually, I might use that idea with some threads that I refer to lots... why did I never think of that before :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:39 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Nice guide Jake I'm sure noobs like me will find it handy :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:54 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey guys, sorry for resurrecting this thread but I figured it'd be worthwhile as I've seen a couple of the new guys asking how to post pictures so instead of anyone going through it all again I bumped this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:08 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I just got an email ... scoundrel!

:wink: