All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:44 am

Post subject: Hello from Japan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello One Ring..About time I introduced myself properly!

I'm a Brit in Japan with a big interest in the SBG game, especially recently. Unfortunately, although the Nagoya area where I live in central Japan has a fairly healthy gaming community, I don't know of anyone that collects or plays the game here anymore at the moment, as it's mostly Bolt Action, Drop Zone Commander and Malifaux in these parts. A fellow conspirator who I used to play with left the country, so nowadays I get games in Middle Earth once in the bluest of moons, though I always have a fantastic experience with it.

I'm also a bit time-poor, having two lads under the age of three. I'm thinking they might be ready to game in about 2022 though! That also affects my hobby obviously.

I'm a long time gamer (rpg and tabletop gubbins), and have always been a bit of a Tolkien nerd. A couple of years ago, reasoning that the SBG was on its way out, I decided to take the plunge and began to slowly collect as much of the LOTR stuff as I could get my hands on. I now have a pretty decent collection, at least of what's not OOP.
GW Costs in Japan are much, much higher than in the UK, but I get back once a year to Britain and have been able to stock up that way and save cash.

At the moment I'm looking at solo options for gaming, and have noticed the Isildur's Bane rules. I might even work up my own AI system down the line, so if anyone knows of something decent in that line, I'd love to hear about it.

Long term plans are firstly to work through the Fellowship Journeybook this year, painting up the scenario minis and playing the games through. Secondly, I plan to knock together something that can pass for Helms Deep, and game that at a local event of some kind. Maybe the siege of Minas Tirith, one day?

I'd be very interested to hear from any players in Japan, but doubt that there are any out there. Still, you never know...

Thanks everybody, for the friendly advice so far.
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Japan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Welcome to the One Ring!

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Japan
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Welcome to the One Ring, enjoy your stay! :)