All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am

Post subject: Greetings from England!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:26 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello all!

I never thought that I'd end up collecting Lord of the Rings but here I am!

I've been collecting and gaming since 2012 but I am a very, very slow painter and easily distracted.

The main games I've enjoyed in that time have been SAGA, Warmaster and Infinity but I also have an interest in Blood Bowl, 40k, Epic, Battlefleet: Gothic and now finally LOTR: SBG!

What finally got me interested was a friend teaching me to play with his Dwarfs versus Moria Goblins.

I got excited at the idea of a fantasy game with a similar model count to SAGA.

I've splashed out on some Fiefdoms and Gondor. I don't think I'll ever really be competitive but I like the idea of having some models built before the game gets relaunched. I like the idea of exploring the lore of Tolkien, not from the point of view of bearding rules but rather, filling in the pretty big gaps left in the world he built.

Several army building topics on this forum inspired me and I'll probably be popping into them to leave my thanks.
 Post subject: Re: Greetings from England!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:54 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Welcome to the One Ring, it's good to still see newcomers entering the LotR side of the hobby. Admittedly my passion has declined in recent years but I've just finished watching the extended trilogy for the first time in too long and I'm getting a bit stoked for kick starting something back up again. Look forward to seeing you around and following your unexpected journey (cheesy sorry lol).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Greetings!
Collecting and painting is a huge part of the hobby. For years I didn't play, just collected. More than happy to talk about the game and other aspects of the hobby. I recently got a hot wire foam cutter and am looking forward to making some terrain

Paul R.
DC Hobbit League (DCHL)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:42 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Welcome!

There's an exquisite range of miniatures to keep yourself occupied (with more on the horizon, especially for Fiefdoms I imagine!) and a fantastic background of course. The game is balanced enough that you can do fairly well with whatever you fancy, and the Gondorians are certainly solid enough to stand their ground against most foes. Like SAGA, there are few enough troops to be able to paint all nicely and allowing a focus on heroes to lead them, both paintwise and in gameplay.