All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:16 pm

Post subject: Wood Elves 350
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:32 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

350 Pts - Lothlorien Roster

Minor Hero (1#, 60 pts)
. . 1 Stormcaller @ 60 pts (Wild Channeling; Woodland Creature; Call Winds; Nature's Wrath; Staff (hand weapon); Armour)

Warrior (30#, 290 pts)
. . 10 Wood Elf Warrior @ 100 pts (Woodland Creature; Elven Blade; Hand Weapon; Throwing Weapons)
. . 10 Wood Elf Warrior @ 100 pts (Woodland Creature; Hand Weapon; Wood Elf Spear; Throwing Weapons)
. . 10 Wood Elf Warrior @ 90 pts (Woodland Creature; Hand Weapon; Elf Bow)

Validation Report:
Regular: Tournament
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Total Roster Cost: 350

Can be Lothorien or Thranduils Halls,
Originally I have Legolas leading the force, but the stormcaller seems like a really strong character if used correctly!
Normally I wouldnt give my elves elven blades, as I rarely use them two handed... but I had 10pts left, and no more elves. So blades it was!

30 elves.. 20 throwing weapons, 10 bows :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Wow, 31 models in 350 points...delicious :)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

whafrog wrote:
Wow, 31 models in 350 points...delicious :)

Yeah, especially with elves. Again, take the throwing daggers of the wood elves with spears. The only other thing I would comment on is that you only have 1 might which will hurt but I myself have done well with 1 might in 400 points so it may not be an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:27 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Wood Elves really can shine at low points due to their quality and cheap price, but durability is the cost. At this small point level, and with a relatively minor Hero, I'd actually keep all those Throwing Daggers. Ranged engagement is going to be key with this force and so many incoming blades can really put the hurt on your foe.

You can volley your enemy until they are within range, then direct fire the heck out of them as they close. Once the close, take every advantage during the Shoot Phase to use those Throwing Daggers (and bows as well if you only 1/2 move). The ability to do a full move and still have 20 ranged shots with the daggers can help you wear down many enemy forces. Very devastating in its potential.

If you try it out a bit and it's just not quite working one possibility would be to drop the Elf Blades to normal 1H weapons (based on your enemy this may not be good) and drop the TD from the Spear users and use the points to upgrade one WE with bow to a Sentinel. His special rule to move an enemy model, again at such low point values, can really help you tactically and would give the enemy something other than your Stormcaller to focus attention on. Otherwise I think you can do very well with this one. 8)

http://TacticsInMiniature.com
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:00 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I like the list, though a Sentinel could be helpful as Beowulf said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:50 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yeah I like the idea of the sentinel, but at 25pts they eat up a lot of pts.. in the 500 list I will have some for definite :)

I like throwing weapons, work really well on my Corsairs.

Plus with the spears shielding rule, I can shield the opponent away and then throw more daggers at him ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:13 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

A Sentinel is probably unwanted at this point level (I normally don't use them until 500 points and then only one), but if you're opponent tries to nail you with a tough model such as a Troll or uses lots of cavalry, then the extra 15 points to upgrade a bowman to a Sentinel may be worth it. If you're facing Moria for example there's a great chance there might be a Cave Troll in there at this point level and I've had a lot of luck using the Sentinel to keep such a model out of action for a couple turns while I deal with the basic troops and then take on the Troll on my own terms.

But most likely just stick with packing in as many models as you can and taking your opponent on with as much ranged fire ( bows and TDs ) as possible each turn. Always remember you'll probably loose a model any time you loose a Fight roll due to your D3, so winning (or avoiding) Fight rolls must be key.

http://TacticsInMiniature.com