All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

Post subject: How many Warg Marauders is too many?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:17 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I wonder how many people would be ok with it if they challenged me to 1000 points match and I would just bring 2 warbands of Marauders with a few shamans. Maybe the Shade, heck, maybe even a Ringwraith, just to f*ck the terror up even more. My point is, how annoying can you go before your opponent tableflips?

Post subject: Re: How many Warg Marauders is too many?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:08 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

First, watch your language sunny this ain't no FPS chat log and most of use don't hold with swearing. I'd suggest you edit your post before the admins notice it.

Second, all mounted shooting armies are very annoying to fight as a rule but aren't the Marauders subject to the 33% bow limit so that you'd need other types of warriors to make it legal? That aside if you come up against the right army on the right table you more like to get a turn 3 game over then a table flipping event. Not sure what the point of it would be though. If winning, or simply being a jerk, is that import to you perhaps you'd be better suited playing 40k.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

While you can defintely make some nasty lists with crazy combos, I will kinda put my voice towards, why would you want to anger your opponent? It's one thing being demolished by a crazy list, but in my experince it's the player that will leave a bad taste in someone's mouth, I can lose to the most hardcore list and have an amazing time, or on the flip side win against a unceremonious player and not enjoy it at all (or any mix in between).

My advice, build whatever you enjoy to play, wether it be goblins and shades, last alliance, etc. and regardless of intentions just be a fair sport about it.

And one further note, such a list will give a fit to more inexperienced players (and by extension hurt your chances of opponents or growing the player base, as they might view the game as unbalanced/unfair which is not true). And experienced players will probably exploit the weaknesses of such a list.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:33 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I second both replies.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:40 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

you are unable to just have a list of just marauder's. you can only have 1/3 of them in your army. and i dont think having to many cav that cost over 20 pts is a good idea since a panic steed or a nature wrath even a hurl will remove them quickly and most of the points you used to buy them are now gone. marauder's are good on paper but they do have a few strong flaws
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The first two guys summed it up.

But at 800 pts I only took three. Next time I'd take four. They're pretty fun.

On the contrary if you wanna go crazy you can take 12 but you need to spam out the rest of the army with gobbos.

Their shooting is not good! Don't get it twisted. Also they're not as amazing as people think.
I played a three tame tourney with em. Their weak fight value will show you a lot of ties and losses to fight four guys with a roll of 5/6.

They are very useful but in an army of a lot you need to be careful.

That all being said it sounds like you're trying to get off a gimmick and I'd voluntarily not play against you. Marauders, a wraith, and a shade?
Unless you're traveling across states and paying good money or trying to win a specific prize that army is only cheese.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you see to think it's funny getting your opponent mad and that's not what this Gaming Community is about.