All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 pm

Post subject: 800 Points GT List Help!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello all, So I have narrowed down my army choices to 2, A Fellowship/breaking theme with wood elves ( haven't made a full list on this one yet) and 2nd Age/ Last Alliance which I do have a somewhat more that rough draft list. ( need to get what I'm doing down, so models in question can hit the paint table by Friday)

So for the list I do have out. And for any who aren't familiar with the nova primer, You are allowed one faction that brings troops pretty much ( Elrond's household/ Numenor/ Rivendell count as a single selection for this due to there lack of options) after that you can freely add in most of the All hero lists ( white council, fellowship, thorins co, etc.)

Last Alliance/ War Council Before Dagorlad

Gil Galad (shield/horse)
- 10 x High Elves (3 with bow/spear, 7 with shield) All have f6

Isildur (shield/horse)

Elendil ( shield/horse)

Galadriel, Lady of Light

Legolas (cloak/Armor) * Oropher count as/ conversion*

not sure if I should revamp it for more troops, a change in heroes, etc. I have been struggling with the idea of adding a wizard, but the fluff side of me has prevented that, but I am open to suggestions.

And secondly this one is still a rough idea I have yet to add into points/ real lists. But it would be based on the fellowship with some woodelf ( or another force support ( open to suggestions).

So I am open to any and all comments/critiques, thanks for taking a look!
 Post subject: Re: 800 Points GT List Help!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:16 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi Arthas367 ! I've actually got a question regarding NOVA rules. Are you allowed per NOVA rules to take heroes from multiple exception lists ? In other words, if you have a Rivendell/Numenor list, can you take Galadriel from the White Council list and also take Legolas from the Fellowship list ?

I'm not clear on how it's written, but if that's allowed, it really kind of defeats the NOVA goal and idea of fluff and restricting builds to one region. If someone wanted to exploit the rules, you could still take a Wood Elf army, and add in Gandalf from the Fellowship, Oin and Bombur from Thorin's Company, and Galadriel from the White Council list....That's as much of a "power build" as someone fielding the Dwimmerlaik, a Shade and a bunch of Beserkers and Uruk Crossbows.

Do you or does anyone know for sure if it's NOVA legal to take heroes from multiple exception lists ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:28 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'm sure the DCHL would offer any clarification you could wish for if you emailed them or asked on the youtube channel ja33.

Arthas367, why Legolas and Galadriel over say Glorfindel or Elrond mounted?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hey ja33, the non restrictions only allow for the few of the hero only factions and independent heroes, so from my understanding that might fully be possible.

And Wan shi tong, I was orginally trying to add some utility to the list ( Galadriel for BL and anti wraith) and leggy for threatening targets at range.

I'm not sure how I feel on Elrond, love the model, not sure how I feel about his rules without lindir or Gandalf in tow. I do want it to function atleast somewhat competitvely, if that requires all hero or a reformat of the list, I'm all ears.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well I'm not sure how it would work on the field since I haven't really messed with hero spams before but on paper I do see a problem with Galadriel. She's on foot and not deploying with the King's Guard units from the start so she and Legolas are what someone is going to attack to force you into a fight on their terms. Plus by relying on the mounted heroes as you primary combat units you could find that the battle will out stretch the range of Galadriel's magic. I don't know that Blinding Light would be that useful either since your going to need to rush into combat with your heroes to get anything done. A wraith on horse or fell beast could oppose your heroes and avoid her without to much trouble. Its not a guaranty that she will be a liability but it is very possible.

With Elrond there is defiantly limitations and risks too given his limit will supply. But his renew might help make up for the lack of fate on two of your big guns and his nature wrath is a nice one time crowd control tool. Plus he can fight well enough on his own to be usable once his will is spent. If you were to look at a wizard I would suggest Radagast on horse or sledge to take advantage of his renew, terror bubble and anti cav spell. Though it is not so theme based that way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:44 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Thanks for feedback again Wan Shi Tong!

I think I narrowed it down to

Gil Galad (horse/shield)

Elendil (horse/shield)

Isildur ( horse/ shield)

*White Council *
- Gandalf the Grey (shadowfax)
- Glorfindel (horse/ armor)

Gandalf is alittle of a fluff breaker (but I think somewhat necessary.

My other idea was to replace Glorfindel with Megolas as the shooting is an attractive option, but I don't think I've got the items to convert a mounted oropher (and my mounted Thranduil is currently being worked on, and won't be ready by then) and that would be a huge fluff breaker having mounted legolas riding around.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:19 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

How did ya do?