All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 am

Post subject: Double Stormcaller list?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

It happened to have the Galadhrim (or the high elf) stormcaller and I am in dilemma to keep both and play them or sell the one of the two.

So is there any competitive list with double SC? I ask because it is possible to try and throw away half of the enemy's warband with call winds spam. I think that I am remembering of something but not sure.

Post subject: Re: Double Stormcaller list?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I don't know about competitive, per-say, but Stormcallers are about as cheap of a hero that any elven army can field. At low points you can use two alongside Erestor or Rumil to spam out elves, which is nice. From a competitive standpoint I think that is their real worth for High Elves. For Wood Elves I don't know exactly since alot of their stuff is already pretty cheap. I do know people who bring multiple wood elf storm callers to sink all their will into nature's wrath and hope for a six, so they can spam the spell to make trapped kills. I say keep both. If nothing else paint them in different color schemes, right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You are right, I don't doubt. Though I forgot to add that I already own the old thraduil for my lothlorien army who can be used instead of the second stormcaller who will provide the nature's wrath. High elves have Elrond for the nature's wraths but this may be overcosted. I am not sure, that's why I hoped that someone may have already tried the double SC list..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:20 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Yes, storm callers can be used in competative play. Stick them in with your woodelves and push you opponent away allowing yourself a few extra turns of bowfire or throwing weapon mayhem. Throw in a sentinal and someone with nature's wrath and boom, you'll be controlling your opponents force like a wizard with compel!

It was one of the most effective armies I ever used, and it completely changed my opinion about stormcallers.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I actually have played a double storm caller list with my High Elves and I thought it was petty clutch. I had each of them take half a set of archers so I could deploy them to exploit terrain better. I was able to use them to take out cavalry as they came into my lines and to hold off monsters so I could fight on my own terms. I was taking a pack of warg marauders to town by stopping them from shooting and getting them out of fights too. People usually over look High Elf storm callers because they don't have natures wrath but I still think they are worth taking, even as a duo. Six points of will that if can turn into more if you role sixes is pretty good but considering that call winds is a 2+ spell its basically going to mean a troll or something spends the whole game out of the fight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:49 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I understand guys, thank you for your answers!